Cheflife15

Lmt defender

I'm all over the place. I think I want a new AR. Anyone have any experience with the lmt defender? 

I love the idea of being able to shoot multiple calibers with a quick barrel change. Any reason not to pull the trigger? 

3 hours ago, Cheflife15 said:

shoot multiple calibers with a quick barrel change

I've seen the video and I'd question a barrel retained by a single screw though they claim to retain accuracy, I wonder how long will that screw stay in place before needing to be retorqued.  You are also dealing with proprietary barrel extension so you are stuck with buying barrels from them.

What about just getting various uppers in the calibers you are looking to shoot?  Could even build out the uppers yourself.

Then if you get bored with it I would think it easier to sell an odd caliber upper than an odd specific proprietary barrel for the LMT.  Or later trying to sell the LMT with a set of barrels hoping someone wants all that.

What calibers are you considering out of an AR?

That's a valid point.  

I'm really in the market for an interesting 5.56 rifle. The ability to change calibers was just a fun perk.

The more I think about it, the more I'm looking at stuff without proprietary parts but still high end. 

My budget is in the 2k range or under and I currently have a daniel defense and wilson combat. I think I just want a new toy 

My AR is the least shot of my rifles, ever consider an AK? Woohoo, what a hoot to shoot that rifle, it’s at the range every other weekend, or, what about an M1 Garand, very satisfying to ring steel with iron sights from a 50-80 year old rifle.

• Like 1