Mrs. Peel

Princess of Wales Also Diagnosed w/Cancer

First, let me state that I'm NOT one of those people that got up in the wee hours of the morning to watch Charles & Di get married, and frankly?... I didn't do that for William and Kate, or for Harry and Meghan. As an American, what can I say?... I just have no great love for (or obsession with) monarchies in general. It strikes me as a ridiculous and antiquated system. But hey, it's their tradition, not ours... each to their own.

All that said, I won't lie... I was very sad to hear this latest news.:( The princess - just as a person - comes across as beautiful, grounded, poised, and classy. She has also been delightfully free of major scandals. In fact, I have often gotten a kick out of how "Kate the Commoner" has behaved (IMO) with more elegance and grace than some of the "Royals" in the family she married into. I also can't help but strip the issue of royalty away for a moment... and look at it through the simple lens of humanity... enough to realize what a tough break it is for ANY family to have TWO members battling cancer at the same time. Ugh. Nightmare! 

Damn, I hate the scourge of cancer! It takes too many people - including in my own circle. I give best wishes to ANYONE facing a cancer diagnosis, but I do think her situation is one of those particularly poignant ones for multiple reasons... because she (again, agree with the concept of royalty or not) is a beloved role model to so many around the world... because the press is going to continue to hound the living daylights out of her... because she's the mom to 3 young children... and because her husband, who lost his own mother when she was far too young, shouldn't have to experience a similar fate with his own wife.  I really hope her treatment is successful and she is soon deemed cancer-free! :good:

• Like 4

Disclaimer:  I re-watched "The Patriot" last night.  As much as I hate Mel Gibson, the theme of the movie resonated with me, especially reflecting on where this country is today.

F*** CANER!!!

I've lost too many relatives to the various forms of the disease.  It's a friggin' nightmare for those battling it and those that have to watch their loved ones go through the battle, receive treatment and hopefully recover.  Hell, I had one of my Cub Scouts battle it during the 'Rona.  That was an extremely tough time for their family.  Thankfully, their friends, neighbors and loved ones (for the most part) stepped up to assist in any way that they could.  (Not tooting, ever, my own horn, but I had may late nights and early mornings assisting in support of the family.)

I wish her, as a person, a wife and a mother, the best in her battle.

• Like 3

As a person going through this myself, I hate to see it happen to anyone. Although I don't think anyone's battle is more important than the next person's. Everyone has a family and loved ones who worry about them. It's very personal to the people going through it and to plaster her all over the news isn't doing her or her family any good. If they were really concerned about her, they would leave her and her family alone and let them deal with it privately.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, FDHog said:

As a person going through this myself, I hate to see it happen to anyone. Although I don't think anyone's battle is more important than the next person's. Everyone has a family and loved ones who worry about them. It's very personal to the people going through it and to plaster her all over the news isn't doing her or her family any good. If they were really concerned about her, they would leave her and her family alone and let them deal with it privately.

I'm sorry to hear that! Sending all my best wishes for speedy recovery.

As for her case, yes, I agree... the press scrutiny is appalling. Absolute animals.