ClownBaby

Need to figure out What is NJ Legal?

So I know the laws in other states but is there something that explains what type of handguns are not legal in NJ?

if something is not legal, what is the way of getting around it? I.e PREBAN guns?

Magazine restrictions? Is this restriction based on a ban where you can still legally have a higher magazine preban (this is how it is in other states i been in)? I.e. a Tec-9mm from the 80s with a 30 round magazine also from the 80s. Although NJ says 15 round magazines, what about guns that were grandfathered in? I dont want to buy anything that is illegal in NJ.

Are Glocks allowed in NJ?

I am just reviewing the assault weapons ban and whatnot since it all started in 1994.

Attachments?

Are collapsible stocks illegal in NJ on an AR15?

Are any rifles not allowed in NJ?

What part of the gun (especially on a rifle) does NJ consider to be "the gun"? Does NJ consider the "lower" to be the gun and the rest is irrelevant (i.e. the upper is just an accessory?)

Someone told me that bayonets are not allowed in NJ. Is there like a full list rundown of this?

I cant find the best definition of NJ assault weapons as well.

Thank you so much everyone, I appreciate your help!

yeaaaaah.....

NJ firearms laws, hit the search button, most of these have already been answered.

In short, NJ firearms...

handguns, 15 rounds or less in a mag.

ar lowers are what is considered the receiver.

So I know the laws in other states but is there something that explains what type of handguns are not legal in NJ? http://www.njsp.org/about/fire_ag2.html

if something is not legal, what is the way of getting around it? I.e PREBAN guns? NO

Magazine restrictions? Is this restriction based on a ban where you can still legally have a higher magazine preban (this is how it is in other states i been in)? I.e. a Tec-9mm from the 80s with a 30 round magazine also from the 80s. Although NJ says 15 round magazines, what about guns that were grandfathered in? I dont want to buy anything that is illegal in NJ. No, no detachable magazines over 15 rounds and not on a semi (only exception would be something like a Henry Lever Action)

Are Glocks allowed in NJ? YES

I am just reviewing the assault weapons ban and whatnot since it all started in 1994.

Attachments?

Are collapsible stocks illegal in NJ on an AR15? NO, Not if you have a pistol grip. They must be pinned into position

Are any rifles not allowed in NJ? http://www.njsp.org/about/fire_ag2.html

What part of the gun (especially on a rifle) does NJ consider to be "the gun"? Does NJ consider the "lower" to be the gun and the rest is irrelevant (i.e. the upper is just an accessory?) The lower is the "gun", however, accessories/uppers DO count, you cannot have more than 1 evil feature on a semi-automatic rifle that accepts detachable magazines

Someone told me that bayonets are not allowed in NJ. It has to do with the evil features list on the NJSP website. Is there like a full list rundown of this? http://www.njsp.org/about/fire_ag2.html

I cant find the best definition of NJ assault weapons as well. http://www.njsp.org/about/fire_ag2.html

Thank you so much everyone, I appreciate your help!

The rundown for a Semi Automatic rifle:

Assault Weapon means:

A semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least

two of the following:

(1) A folding or telescoping stock;

(2) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(3) A bayonet mount;

(4) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash

suppressor; and

(5) A grenade launcher;

So pick your ONE Allowed Evil Feature. On AR's, it is generally the pistol grip.

The rundown for a Semi Automatic rifle:

Assault Weapon means:

A semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least

two of the following:

(1) A folding or telescoping stock;

(2) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;

(3) A bayonet mount;

(4) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash

suppressor; and

(5) A grenade launcher;

So pick your ONE Allowed Evil Feature. On AR's, it is generally the pistol grip.

thanks for the posts guys.

that is hardcore!!!!

what if the ar15 is from 1988? would that be a preban that is allowed to have more than one "evil feature"?

the wording on the nj law leads me to believe that the preban ar15 would have HAD to been registered at the assault weapons ban in NJ in 1990 to be grandfathered in. AKA no out of state pre-ban weapons are grandfathered. is this correct to assume?

that is hardcore!!!!

what if the ar15 is from 1988? would that be a preban that is allowed to have more than one "evil feature"? If it was registered in 1990

the wording on the nj law leads me to believe that the preban ar15 would have HAD to been registered at the assault weapons ban in NJ in 1990 to be grandfathered in. AKA no out of state pre-ban weapons are grandfathered. is this correct to assume? Correct

that is hardcore!!!!

what if the ar15 is from 1988? would that be a preban that is allowed to have more than one "evil feature"? If it was registered in 1990

the wording on the nj law leads me to believe that the preban ar15 would have HAD to been registered at the assault weapons ban in NJ in 1990 to be grandfathered in. AKA no out of state pre-ban weapons are grandfathered. is this correct to assume? Correct

thanks for the responses. i can now concur that nj is IN FACT, the worst state in the nation to own a gun.

im really really disappointed wih NJ gun laws.

so i was looking to get an ar15 with 2 features, stock and pistol grip.

so in nj i can ONLY have 1 feature which is the pistol grip?

terrible state!

anyone know if the FN FS2000 is legal in NJ? that is a gun I wanted as well. thanks guys!