Scottcba1

Bad magazines or bad ammo???

I seem to have a problem with either the ammo I am purchasing or my magazines. I have no issues with remington brass but I seem to have issues loading my steel wolf ammo as well as blazer aluminum ammo.

I am able to get 5-6rds into each magazine then they bind up. Sometimes I can use my magazine loader and get 3-4more rounds in but never all 10 rds.

Is this a magazine issue or ammo issue?

-Scott

It's an ammo problem but you can mitigate it some by making sure the inside of the mag is cleaned and lubed.

Also, the problem will abate some over time if the mags are new. New mags are "tight" with strong springs. After a while everything gets a little looser(just slightly). I've always have trouble hand loading double stack mags. You've got a loader, is it an uplula?

uplula_loader_thumb.jpg

Im starting to agree with you. The Wolf ammo is very dirty and, like I said earlier, hard to load correctly into the magazine. I havent shot the blazer yet but I am hoping it is better then the Wolf.

I guess I should have realized you get what you pay for when I found that nice deal on 500rds of Wolf. I am a big fan of the Remington and Federal ammo that I have shot.

-Scott

Scott, I have shot thousands of rounds of Blazer Aluminum in my guns prior to reloading. While everything always seems to have a problem once in a while I found the biggest problem isthe shooter. Mainly poor weapons cleaning. I have put upwards of 500 rds at a time in my P220 without ever an issue. Keep your guns clean and they will be happy.

I have shot some Wolf, but not enought to say it is good or bad.

Scott, I have shot thousands of rounds of Blazer Aluminum in my guns prior to reloading. While everything always seems to have a problem once in a while I found the biggest problem isthe shooter. Mainly poor weapons cleaning. I have put upwards of 500 rds at a time in my P220 without ever an issue. Keep your guns clean and they will be happy.

I have shot some Wolf, but not enought to say it is good or bad.

Thanks for the info.... I havent tried to clean either of the magazines yet since the brass loads just fine. Hopefully the blazer will be better then the wolf.

-Scott