Sign in to follow this  
Guest Damagedworld

New thread needed (sorry) bolt 22 recomendations..

I needed to make a new thread now that i realize the GSG is just the wrong gun for her at this time..

the gun is for my girl friend..

here are the specifications.. since we are really getting into it.. lol

1) 22

2) decent 100 yard accuracy with iron sights (she has already demonstrated the ability

3) bolt action

4) left hand would be nice but she learned on right so right is not a deal breaker..

5) Pink.. or the ability to make it pink.. as ridiculous as that sounds.. she would like a pink rifle (wood pink would be nice) and what can i say.. after all i like black rifles..

6) lastly since this is a first rifle.. id like to keep the cost lower...

thanks a lot i really appreciate any help.. :D

my gf really likes shooting all of the sudden

She's looking for a ring!!! :lol:

having been divorced...

having had my trust destroyed...

having entered into this with extreme caution...

i will say this.. i trust her.. lol she is really blunt and if she didnt like it she would simply tell me.. lol ring will come and she knows it already.. we are really good with the whole give and take thing.. she actually taught me to snowboard!

Copied from the other post

Based on your last entry I think your decision is pretty easy. There are some great bolt action 22s available that offer left hand flexibility. The CZ 452 was mentioned earlier,this is available in LH and has received rave reviews from owners. I have a 452fs, I did not want a scope on this rifle so I shoot it with the factory iron sights, it's amazingly accurate. I also have the GSG which is a lot of fun but the sights limit me to about 50 yards.
here is CZ's website http://cz-usa.com/products/by-category/rimfire-rifles/ they even offer a pink452

I know you said bolt action, but if you don't mind having an autoloader, there is a ruger 10/22 for sale on this board with ammo that looks like its in decent shape for 275 and will accomplish everything you ask minus the pink. You can buy a hogue overlay cover for it which would make it pink tho.

I know you said bolt action, but if you don't mind having an autoloader, there is a ruger 10/22 for sale on this board with ammo that looks like its in decent shape for 275 and will accomplish everything you ask minus the pink. You can buy a hogue overlay cover for it which would make it pink tho.

And there are aftermarket pink stocks, and with being a righty autoloader she'd only need to reach over once every 10 times...

do you feel that rifle will achieve the same accuracy at 100 yards as a bolt gun..

she is really interested in taking controlled single shots.. not blowing through a bunch of ammo (although im sure that will come) lol

i was really impressed by how controlled each shot was..

Where are you located. If you want a bolt action I know of a couple older Marlins from about 2 weeks ago. They were good prices and in good shape. One was a Model 80 DL with scope and factory reciever sight.

southern NJ

I bought a Savage Stevens 300 bolt action 22lr for about $160. Excellent accuracy for the money. It comes with a seriously ugly grey plastic stock that you could probably paint but there are also quite a few after market options from companies like Boyds ands Richards. I believe Richards makes them in unfinished wood if you can't find one the right color. Any stock that will fit a Savage 93 or Mark 2 will fit the Stevens.

There is a shop in Jackson, The Sportsmans Shanty, little mom and pop shop. They had 3/4 nice older bolt actions at good prices.

How much do yo want to spend?

i would truthfully like to spend under $200...

all kidding aside?

http://www.savagearms.com/cub_pink.htm

i know its a youth rifle.. but...

small.. light.. pink.. peep sight like she shot the other day...

are there any drawbacks to this rifle?

It is designed for a child/really small adult.

she is a hair under 5ft...

and i noticed when she shot my Saiga standing.. and even the bolt 22 at the range.. they were large.. like awkward for her to handle..

OK,then it may fit her.

Take her out to a shop and have her try one out. You may find an older one for around $100 in good shape that she loves. A used Remington 510 Targetmaster or a Savage 73 would fit her well. A Springfield model 15 would also work.

and i noticed when she shot my Saiga standing.. and even the bolt 22 at the range.. they were large.. like awkward for her to handle..

If you're in the North, I can bring both a 10/22 Carbine and a Crickett to the range...

If you're in the North, I can bring both a 10/22 Carbine and a Crickett to the range...

offer appreciated.. but im WAY south.. atlantic county..

but seriously.. thanks :D