Lublin

Bulk 9mm target ammo

Didnt Wolf have issues with corrosiveness?

I believe that was with the older Wolf ammo primers.

I ask about issues because I know steel casings don't expand like brass casings do in the chamber, therefore there might be some pressure blowback. I'm wondering if anyone has had any issues with this as well as anything else.

I've been shooting Wolf 9mm through my CZ 75 for some time and generally have no problems with it. The only issue is that it is dirty and you should allow twice the time to clean your pistol. The best price I was able to find was $9.95/50 at aimsurplus.com

If you can find Federal for 8.97 bux/50 - that's a steal! You usually can't get Wolf at that price.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Wolf ... n_FMJ.html

This stuff is more expensive, but generally considered better than Wolf: http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/466.php (never personally shot it myself)

I shoot mostly PMC that I bought awhile ago, but that ran me about 230 for 1000 if I remember correctly, and none of my regular online spots seem to have any right now.

I usually get most of my stuff from ltdammo.com, but it looks like he's currently out of 9mm

And last time I checked, ammoman didn't ship to jersey, even tho he's in jersey.

If you can find Federal for 8.97 bux/50 - that's a steal! You usually can't get Wolf at that price.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Wolf ... n_FMJ.html

This stuff is more expensive, but generally considered better than Wolf: http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/466.php (never personally shot it myself)

I shoot mostly PMC that I bought awhile ago, but that ran me about 230 for 1000 if I remember correctly, and none of my regular online spots seem to have any right now.

I usually get most of my stuff from ltdammo.com, but it looks like he's currently out of 9mm

And last time I checked, ammoman didn't ship to jersey, even tho he's in jersey.

That's because of our Jersey Laws. You can contact him to arrange a pick-up however, and I believe he takes the shipping money off of the price (at least that's what I've been told).

That's because of our Jersey Laws. You can contact him to arrange a pick-up however, and I believe he takes the shipping money off of the price (at least that's what I've been told).

Yeah - I think you're right on both counts. I prob should just take a drive down there and save on shipping costs

Not bulk but cheap is federal 50 pack from walmart for 8.97 a box.

Which Walmarts have this?

i went to the one on route 59 in suffern. 1st time i went they had a ton of 9mm and a good amount of 40. last time they had neither. 6 box limit was posted both times

Not bulk but cheap is federal 50 pack from walmart for 8.97 a box.

Which Walmarts have this?

i went to the one on route 59 in suffern. 1st time i went they had a ton of 9mm and a good amount of 40. last time they had neither. 6 box limit was posted both times

It's hit or miss. I scored some 9mm at WalMart in Milford last week. Got there around 8 in the morning. They had 1 case of WWB 100 that hadn't even been unpacked yet. Took the limit (6), so I'm okay for a couple of weeks. They had plenty of .40, no .357, .38 or .22. Other days I've come up completely dry, or just found some .22. No way to predict it. We sometimes call first to see what's available, and sometimes just roll the dice and take the ride up.

It's hit or miss. I scored some 9mm at WalMart in Milford last week. Got there around 8 in the morning. They had 1 case of WWB 100 that hadn't even been unpacked yet. Took the limit (6), so I'm okay for a couple of weeks. They had plenty of .40, no .357, .38 or .22. Other days I've come up completely dry, or just found some .22. No way to predict it. We sometimes call first to see what's available, and sometimes just roll the dice and take the ride up.

Problem is because of the ammo shortage the Walmarts don't know when any ammo comes in or what they're getting in until they open up the truck. I was even told any ammo requests get automatically bumped out of the system when they try to enter anything into the computer.

try ammo man .com has 9mm wolf

Has anyone ever shot steel-cased ammo out of their pistol? How does it go?

I bought 500rds of wolf from J&G and I am not a fan. The steel casings seem to jam in my magazines and are a pain in the butt to load all ten rounds. As mentioned before, this is pretty "dirty" ammo and likes to make a mess of a clean gun. Other then that I do have agree that it does go BANG when you pull the trigger. No misfires or jams.

BTW, this is in no way any fault of J&G and I was very happy with their service.

-Scott

try ammo man .com has 9mm wolf

Has anyone ever shot steel-cased ammo out of their pistol? How does it go?

I bought 500rds of wolf from J&G and I am not a fan. The steel casings seem to jam in my magazines and are a pain in the butt to load all ten rounds. As mentioned before, this is pretty "dirty" ammo and likes to make a mess of a clean gun. Other then that I do have agree that it does go BANG when you pull the trigger. No misfires or jams.

BTW, this is in no way any fault of J&G and I was very happy with their service.

-Scott

How much do you have left of it? My XD eat's it like skittles.

I would have to look in the safe but I would say 100rds or so.

Like I mentioned, I havent had any issues firing it. Just a bit on the dirty side and loading my mags is a bit tough with the steel case. Other then that no misfires or jams at all.

-Scott

Well...since my brother, friend and I already have a sizey order with Sportsman's Guide and we're paying the highest flat rate shipping, I went ahead and ordered 900 rounds of Wolf 9mm for $189.97. It has received really great reviews so I'm sure it'll be fine. Steel cases don't bother me because I don't reload, anyway. 8-)

97257_ts.JPG?cell=320,320&cvt=jpeg

Didnt Wolf have issues with corrosiveness

No. Finding anything manufactured in the last few years with a corrosive primer is virtually impossible. Corrosive primers were used because the survived better under the lousy conditions experienced in military operations. However new primers and their destructiveness overcame the benefit of a corrosive primer.

But the cost saving of Wolf over some of the standard WW and other practice rounds has shrunk to a level reducing the cost benefit. But if it is all you can get, go for it.