Malsua

Metlzers goes the extra mile

Got the Hard Sell on a Mosin from Meltzers.

Well, er...sorta.

So I went down to Meltzers in Garfield about 2 weeks ago.

I asked about Mosins and they didn't have any but the guy was helpful and told me to inquire in a few weeks...

fast forward to last Sunday.

We landed in Frankfurt and as I'm standing there waiting for bags, there's the Meltzers guy. He said "I knew you wanted a Mosin...you didn't have to follow me to Germany to get it" :lol:

We had a chat while we stood there....he was vacationing around the area for 2 weeks.

Great story. I know a couple of the guys there. Who was it?

I forgot to ask. It's the Silver hair'd guy with a narrow face, I'd say 6 feet tall, 55yo or so. I didn't get his name. I think he's a boss or supervisor. There's another guy there that fits the description sorta, but I think that guy is older

Let us know if you get the Mosin...I have been looking as well. Least expensive online $75 and in store was $135 I have found.

http://www.classicarms.us/

Hand selected for 89.00 their shipping is typically 15.00 I have dealt with them many times good outfit.

You can also call Sarco in Sterling NJ or check their site and add in shot gun news. Prices are steadily rising

all over on them since the current surplus is drying up.

Just put a bullet in the boar head first if the boar swallows the bullet then it's got some use.

It should sit tightly in place. My Hex 1923 is tight, my M-44 swallows the pullet until about 3" down the pipe.