Sign in to follow this  
tbtrout

This one is interesting

I've always wanted a fully functioning "trap gun" (Mossberg 500) with a nickel finish and fancy wood stocks. kinda Like the mariner.. but with a regular/changeable barrel.

I need to get a better job which will allow me to purchase/create redundant guns solely on the purpose of looks.

Hm, I am wanting a shotgun anyway, so all these post lately on them has got me thinking. Pump? O/U? side bu side? Semi? Expensive? Cheap/moderate? What's best for clays? I have not shot skeet/trap in many years and even then was rare, with borrowed guns. HD aspect not so much, have small kids, so the dog is the first line of def. Not a hunter either. I have seen Stoeger in Dicks and some forumsters have commented on them as OK, not as nice as Berettas or Brownings, but certainly much cheaper. Appropriate for first shotgun? I have been advised an 870 or 500 would be a good choice, not debating that, but any reason not to go with an O/U in that same price range, then trade up later?

We can hook up on another day, maybe head to a WMA to shoot them or Dix.

Whatever you do, don't let him tell you to shoot the Rem 1100, because Tim can tell you what happens when you shoot an 1100 even only once :)

Yeah, Matt6669 will find one for you that you will have to buy :D He lives vicariously through our spending.

Hey, you have to keep the wife happy when you find one that shoots and encourages purchases.