Bob D

Question on Magpul 15 Round in 20 Body Round Magazine

The Magpul from https://riflegear.com/ described below seems to be NJ Legal.

I was wondering that since this Magazine is in a 20 Round body, does anyone know if it

fully NJ Legal?

Magpul PMAG 15 Round 20 Body Magazine .223/5.56mm

ATTENTION NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS:New Magpul PMAG 15 round capacity in a 20 round body. These are the hot new Magpul PMAG (polymer magazine) 15-round 5.56 NATO, M-16/AR-15 compatible magazine. The magazines are modified to include a full-width, skeletonized polymer block that is pinned in place for a permanent modification. The resulting magazine is light weight and rattle-free. The Magpul PMAG features a straight body and pop-off storage/dust cover that alleviates pressure from the magazine feed lips, allowing for storage of loaded magazines without risk of feed lip creep that often causes malfunction in standard aluminum magazines. PMAG utilizes a resilient stainless steel spring for corrosion resistance.

The Magpul from https://riflegear.com/ described below seems to be NJ Legal.

I was wondering that since this Magazine is in a 20 Round body, does anyone know if it

fully NJ Legal?

Magpul PMAG 15 Round 20 Body Magazine .223/5.56mm

ATTENTION NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS:New Magpul PMAG 15 round capacity in a 20 round body. These are the hot new Magpul PMAG (polymer magazine) 15-round 5.56 NATO, M-16/AR-15 compatible magazine. The magazines are modified to include a full-width, skeletonized polymer block that is pinned in place for a permanent modification. The resulting magazine is light weight and rattle-free. The Magpul PMAG features a straight body and pop-off storage/dust cover that alleviates pressure from the magazine feed lips, allowing for storage of loaded magazines without risk of feed lip creep that often causes malfunction in standard aluminum magazines. PMAG utilizes a resilient stainless steel spring for corrosion resistance.

You can pin your own mag's legally as long as it's permanent, no different then pinning a telescoping stock.

In most cases you have to order magazine part's kits which are dissembled and legal to ship to NJ and CA.

It's up to you to make the right call and pin them. I have done this all legally more then once.

You can pin your own mag's legally as long as it's permanent, no different then pinning a telescoping stock.

In most cases you have to order magazine part's kits which are dissembled and legal to ship to NJ and CA.

It's up to you to make the right call and pin them. I have done this all legally more then once.

Though I am hoping you are pinning those mags in PA. Merely possessing those 30 round mags before pinning them in NJ is illegal.

Though I am hoping you are pinning those mags in PA. Merely possessing those 30 round mags before pinning them in NJ is illegal.

You could just stop just before the halfway mark on the bridge and get out your toolbox :lol:

I wonder what would have happened to Gen. Washington, as he was about to cross the Delaware......Excuse me General, but that flintlock is banned in New Jersey, but with the right tools, we can make it compliant. Lets wait until it stops snowing.... :lol::lol:

They aren't banned YET..

I wonder what would have happened to Gen. Washington, as he was about to cross the Delaware......Excuse me General, but that flintlock is banned in New Jersey, but with the right tools, we can make it compliant. Lets wait until it stops snowing.... :lol::lol:

roflmao.

The mag's are bought as parts kits not complete working magazines and from what I understand this is legal since they can be purchased and shipped legally to NJ, NY and CA, the same vendors who ship these will not ship a complete -HI-cap magazine. I will do more research on this and post my findings. If you feel this is poor information for the site then Please remove it, I do not wish to get anyone in trouble.

Hodgie

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=698221

Just found this, now it is legal to buy the part's kit now weather it was legal for me to pin the body then use it I do not know, even though permanently pinned hi cap mag's are legal in NJ.

This would be another one of those loop holes you may not want to discover.

I know of a few vendors that will ship the magazines disassembled as parts kits. No mention of where they have to be pinned, but fully assembling an un-blocked magazine is definitely illegal.