Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

Windows 7

I know some other guys here are IT folks...

If you weren't aware, you can subscribe to technet and get 10 free activations each for Windows 7: Ultimate, Pro, Home, office, etc.

That's 10 each. 10 ultimate, 10 pro, 10 home, 10 office, 10 of pretty much everything MS offers like Office, advanced server, etc. etc.. One copy of Ultimate is going to run $350 bucks or so. The cost of the sub is $280 if you use the promo code: TMSAM08

(You also get 10 activates of each version of XP and Vista)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subs ... 88692.aspx

I installed W7 on my home gaming rig last night. Worked great. I've been using the RC on my test bed for a while now and like it. Best part, you don't have to wait for Oct 22.

The keys don't expire even if your technet sub does. If you're going to jump, specially if you have multiple machines at home, this is the way to go.

Of course, if you're going to buy a machine, get a Mac. heh. MS only stole some of the great ideas from Mac for Windows 7.

I subscribe to their partner program (partners.microsoft.com). For $300 you can get the same thing, but I don't think there's a limit. I can install Win7 or their server programs/office/whatever on as many as I want. Not sure what the diff is between the 2, aside from that.

Either way you look at it, it's a bargain. It's cheaper than one single copy of ultimate and you can install it at least 10 times. Buddy of mine has used the same key 5 times already and it activates normally. Shrug.

I had let me Technet sub lapse for a couple years. It just made sense to go ahead and resub at this time since I was planning on putting both my home gaming rigs(wife and mine) on W7.

A month from now people are going to pay $300+ to install W7 on 1 computer or you can get this sub today for $280 for 10. It's basic math.