Celraysoda

Cheaper than Dirt Site

Just saw that 9mm Wolf came back in stock at $8.69 a box! I picked up 5 boxes.

Any good ammo prices in any shops around here? So far I think BH is the lowest. I am running low on CMP Surplus 30-06 that was $11 for a box of 20 from BH. They have been out for about 6 months now. :cry:

I turned my back on cheaper then dirt when they started gauging their customers during the self inflicted

ammo shortage. Selling wolf 1000 round cases starting at 499.99-599.99 was a bit much It's good to know they have

gotten the reality check, their shipping prices still suck though for small single items. Dicks has 9mm Remington UMC ammo in stock in freehold 14.00 a box not to bad for local purchases and it's brass.

Just checked a few sites, that seems to be the best price for 9mm for steel cased stuff.

AIM has brown bear which tends to be a bit better, 10 boxes(500) rounds came out to be 100.45

shipped to my door. How much did cheaper then dirt hit you up for shipping?

Yeah, that is a good price. BH has Blazer for $12.99 a box with no limit. Staff there says ammo prices are dropping and availibility is increasing. Woot!

I usually get my raw reloading brass on GunBroker. I made a bad batch of ammo a few weeks ago. I forgot to size the bullets so every 4th or 5th round would get jam. oh well..I am still relatively new. The good stuff shot well and was very accurate!

I turned my back on cheaper then dirt when they started gauging their customers during the self inflicted

ammo shortage. Selling wolf 1000 round cases starting at 499.99-599.99 was a bit much....

Heck..thats cheap...They got up to almost $900/1000 for wolf 7.62x39....They lost my biz with that crap...

You know during that whole time, I stocked up on over 6000 rounds of x39 and never paid more then $250.00 a case delivered.

Cabelas was the highest and I had to wait a month, the rest came from Sports mans guide, with my member discount, $10.00 coupons they send me all the time and the extra % off using their cc the average order came to 237.00 per case. For some reason their prices are in the $280's right now but once this lot is gone and the next comes in I think it will go down.

I did have to wait 2 months for one of the cases from sports man's guide but I had 7000 other rounds to play with.

By the way yes I am an ammo horder, if I find a good price I have to buy it, it's in my DNA. Most of the time I end up

taking friends with me and blowing off a half a case at a time. I switched to shooting 22's then I started hording that too. :)

I would watch out for the wolf stuff. I know it shoots dirty and I have heard many complaints with it from failure to ejects to failure to fires, more often than any other ammo. Some people have used it with no problems, but I for one will avoid it. Do some research online and make your own judgment call.

On a side note...Cabela's has Sellier and Bellot Shotgun Buckshots for $5 per pack of 10...Their shipping is VERY REASONABLE no matter how many you get...

I would watch out for the wolf stuff. I know it shoots dirty and I have heard many complaints with it from failure to ejects to failure to fires, more often than any other ammo. Some people have used it with no problems, but I for one will avoid it. Do some research online and make your own judgment call.

On a side note...Cabela's has Sellier and Bellot Shotgun Buckshots for $5 per pack of 10...Their shipping is VERY REASONABLE no matter how many you get...

Based on reviews, it has less than stellar performance in AR type rifles, but AK type rifles were bred to eat the steel cased stuff like candy.

BTW: My XD also has no problem with it in 9mm.

BTW: My XD also has no problem with it in 9mm.

People say the same thing about Blazer Aluminum. It really depends on the gun more than the Ammo I guess, because none of mine have issues with the stuff.

I don't use Wolf only because BH doesn't allow it. :(

It really depends on the pistol, My desert eagle will get a failure to fire one out of 15 or 20, if I do not eject the round and pull the trigger in double action it will fire the 2nd time 99% of the time. It's typically due to the hard primers, Now if I run it though my Khar CW9 never an issue one would think it would be the opposite. It just depends on the pistol in the end.

I have never had a problem with any Wolf ammo (.223, 9mm, .45ACP, 7.62 x 39), I recently shot a bunch of 9mm through Glocks and Beretta's with no problem. I have shot close to 2K rounds of .223 though my AR's with no issue.

By the reviews, the majority of people using them in semi-auto assault rifles have had the most issues. Other than that, the reviews look pretty good. A friend of mine used them in his XD and had no problems...besides the BH RO asking him not to shoot it.

I bought about 200 rounds of it when I was in PA a few months back and shot them in my S&W 3919 with no issues at all.

I don't use Wolf only because BH doesn't allow it. :(

they dont allow it yet they sell it? yeah......

ive used it there. im not scared.

ive posted a thread about wolf in my AR. it doesnt like it. 8 FTEs in 150rnds. ive used wolf pistol in several calibers, with no problems. the silver/golden bear is better quality, and the same price. i havent shot it yet, but going to try that in the AR next time.

Cheaper than dirt, used to actually be cheaper than dirt, but no more. Haven't placed an on-line order since from them since May, sportsmans guide or Cabela's usually has the best deals.

On a side note, CCI Blazer aluminum rounds and Wolf steel cased ammo are good rounds for plinking and what have you. I can't pass that stuff up! Just came back from Dick's and they had 1 box left of Wolf 45 acp for 20 bucks and I couldn't hold back. They also had CCI aluminum 9mm rounds for 14.99 a box.

I recommend both rounds.

Cheaper than dirt, used to actually be cheaper than dirt, but no more. Haven't placed an on-line order since from them since May, sportsmans guide or Cabela's usually has the best deals...

You are 100% correct! I have been searching for an excuse to purchase something from them, but every time I check their site, then go to Cabela's, Midway, or sportsmans guide (been shopping with them for about 15yrs now) I ALWAYS find it cheaper.

I am actually about to take them off of my favorite link list while I am thinking about it :x

Exactly the same thing - I even placed some items in the shopping cart but the shipping prices are so ridiculously high that I ended up ordering from somewhere else. I think they even took me off their mailing list and I am not getting the catalogs anymore.

Just saw that 9mm Wolf came back in stock at $8.69 a box! I picked up 5 boxes.

Any good ammo prices in any shops around here? So far I think BH is the lowest. I am running low on CMP Surplus 30-06 that was $11 for a box of 20 from BH. They have been out for about 6 months now. :cry:

Why not take a day trip to PA and get Federal 9MM brass, Blazer brass and WW all for $9.47 for a 50 pack? I did that last week.... I was visiting a friend and stopped at two Walmarts and they both had ammo. I have plenty for now, but any chance I go there I get it!! Oh, And no logging your purchasing BS either!!!!