kenw

CZ 75 range report

As many know, I've been waffling between the 92FS and the CZ75/85 for my next gun. I have the M&P and love it for it's fit and accuracy, but it (and all the other poly frames I've held and shot) still feels a bit toyish and fragile (I know they're not, it's just a subjective observation. put away the flamethrowers).

Anyway, after shooting a friend's Beretta, which is a gorgeous and accurate gun, and having the chance to shoot the CZ at the last Second Sunday thing with the group, I went for the CZ. It was the right choice. The gun is just outstanding. It points well, has virtually no recoil, and it just "feels" better in my hand than a poly frame. The weight is down low instead of on the slide and I don't feel like I constantly have to push up against the downward pressure from the high center of gravity. And, it's accurate. Very accurate. My only nit (and the Beretta was the same) is that the grip is a bit narrow and deep for me. Surprising, since it's a double stack 15, but I have a long and narrow palm, and that may be why it seems a bit out of proportion for me.

I'll be ordering the Houge rubber grip for it. I think that should correct that one small issue I have with it. All in all, I'm thrilled with the choice, and I think I'm becoming a steel frame guy. A Jericho next, and after that I may have a line on a Smith all steel 9mm compact. My neighbor's dept. is switching duty weapons next year, and I'm trying to find out what they plan to do with the turn-ins. Another really nice gun.

I have a 75 P-06 .40 S&W and a Baby eagle, they are both great shooters. The Baby

eagle it exceptional in my opinion for accuracy, it's just a bit heavy. I feel like you do

about Polly pistols just not my thing. I have one Kahr CW9 it's light and compact. All

my full size are alloy framed.

Mikey, I'll have my CZ75 SP01 at Brick Armory tomorrow night if you want to give it a try.

I appreciate it.

I probably won't be making it down tomorrow. :(

I will be making my way down there one of these Tuesdays tho.

Too bad their is not a public range closer to us.

You and I must live 5-10mn apart,lol.

I was anti poly too, I bought 2 Glocks many years ago just to try them and I don't like them as much as my Sig226, Beretta 92FS, Browning High Power or any of the other steel/alloy framed guns I have

But my FNP-45 is the sheet, poly or not it feels great, shoots great and the recoil is non existant for a .45, so I might be changing my tune and look at an XD or HK next. Of coruse since I'm not buying anymore guns (altohug hI would never swear on anything to this), maybe I wont be looking so hard at them!

I was anti poly too, I bought 2 Glocks many years ago just to try them and I don't like them as much as my Sig226, Beretta 92FS, Browning High Power or any of the other steel/alloy framed guns I have

But my FNP-45 is the sheet, poly or not it feels great, shoots great and the recoil is non existant for a .45, so I might be changing my tune and look at an XD or HK next. Of coruse since I'm not buying anymore guns (altohug hI would never swear on anything to this), maybe I wont be looking so hard at them!

I'm not anti poly. They just feel different to me. I like that they're lighter, easier to take down (for me), and that he finish won't rust or flake off. It's just that the metal frames feel more substantial, better balanced and permanent. The downside is that they're heavier and the finishes are more fragile. There are a couple more that I want, and after that there may be some poly guns that catch my eye. I'm fickle that way. I don't advocate either way. It's like PC vs. Mac or Canon vs. Nikon. They all do the same job, and each have their own advantages and disadvantages. Comes down to freedom of choice.

I'm not anti poly. They just feel different to me. I like that they're lighter, easier to take down (for me), and that he finish won't rust or flake off. It's just that the metal frames feel more substantial, better balanced and permanent. The downside is that they're heavier and the finishes are more fragile. There are a couple more that I want, and after that there may be some poly guns that catch my eye. I'm fickle that way. I don't advocate either way. It's like PC vs. Mac or Canon vs. Nikon. They all do the same job, and each have their own advantages and disadvantages. Comes down to freedom of choice.

Do we have that here?

It's like PC vs. Mac or Canon vs. Nikon. They all do the same job, and each have their own advantages and disadvantages. Comes down to freedom of choice.

PC - Nikon - Polymer here :D In all seriousness tho, the little bit of trigger time I had with TB's CZ really changed my mind on them. I'd need to get more rounds thru one to really have a more definitive opinion, but, it seemed like a really good and surprisingly comfortable gun. Enjoy it Ken!

It's like PC vs. Mac or Canon vs. Nikon. They all do the same job, and each have their own advantages and disadvantages. Comes down to freedom of choice.

PC - Nikon - Polymer here :D In all seriousness tho, the little bit of trigger time I had with TB's CZ really changed my mind on them. I'd need to get more rounds thru one to really have a more definitive opinion, but, it seemed like a really good and surprisingly comfortable gun. Enjoy it Ken!

You're coming on Sunday, right? It'll be there, hopefully sporting fancy new rubber grips. Feel free to bang away.