Sign in to follow this  
GoNRA

Taking the Truck Offroading

I'm getting my 2wd F-150 lifted and putting 35 BFG All-terrain tires on it, along with nice shiny new rims. I was just wondering if anyone here goes offroading with their trucks and if so where do you go?

We usually go down to Wharton State Park, I have stopped taking My Ram2500 because the tires are shot, but we are going to be setting up a Sunday to go in a few weeks if you're interested. If no one with a big truck goes, I will take the Ram and play tow-truck 8-)

In your area I don't know what's left. We used to hit the bogs in Jackson and Lakewood pit. The pit has been closed (may even be gone) for almost twenty years. Zarko (SP?) in Toms River was another hot spot. There's the power line trails around Barnegat. But you will need 4wd. Major hot spot, people come from all over the country for that.

Wharton is my back yard. The whole area is littered with good trails. Most of which are fine for 2wd. Just go when it's dry and watch out for sugar sand. Up grade to BFG Mud T's. They're noticeably more aggressive on the trail. And don't take a beating on the road. Still a good everyday tire.