1911Fan

Walnut vs Corn Cob

So I hear from some seasoned reloader on Sniper's hide that Walnut (Zilla lizard bedding at petsmart (10 bucks for 12 pounds) with 2 capfuls of nu-finish car polish will clean and shine my brass like new.

He went on to say that it is easier to separate from cases than the corn cob alone (especially for smaller cases like 5.56/.223).

Some others use corn cob to clean and then walnut to polish and some just combine the two with a capful of the Nu Finish polish or even some brasso when they can't get their hands on the Nu Finish. Seems they all agree this works better and faster than the Dillon or Cabela's polish with either media.

Would any of you professional reloaders like to offer some of your thoughts/ideas/experience with the above?

I will be cleaning .308, 30.06, 9mm, and 45ACP brass if that helps you address the separation of media from casings query.

Thanks in advance fellers!

I use walnut (Petsmart brand - wait for a sale..usually half off). It lasts longer and stays cleaner. To me, the corn corm seems to absorb the dirt more than walnut.

the only downside is the Petmart is next to a harley dealer...Can't leave with picking something up.