Sign in to follow this  
tony357

opening day small game.

You did better tha us. There was hardly any action at Assunpink. Even the opening salvo was short. We stay out of the main areas so our dogs do not get shot. The dogs worked hard and put up a woodcock, grouse and cubby of quail. And my dog found a hen missing a head in the short grass. Damn owls.

TB, opening day is always hard the birds are let out the day before, so they have alot of time to roam. I only heard about 10 shots the 2.5 hours we were their. 3 of the 4 birds were in the swamp.

Good day none the less, the wife tried a new deer spot this morning, nothing. A friend called earlier and said he missed a seven pointer in Manahawkin. Next time.

Tony,

the last 2 years at Assunpink have been disapointing. It seems like the stockers are dumping the birds in only a few spots right off the road. Use to be they drove all the dirt roads and were nice and spread out. Even thanksgiving last year seemed they forgot to put out birds. Most hunters I talk with are complaining about the same thing.

Tony,

the last 2 years at Assunpink have been disapointing. It seems like the stockers are dumping the birds in only a few spots right off the road. Use to be they drove all the dirt roads and were nice and spread out. Even thanksgiving last year seemed they forgot to put out birds. Most hunters I talk with are complaining about the same thing.

Time to find a new spot buddy! Maybe you should take a trip up by us Northern Boys. We got tons of dem darn flyin tings!

Tony,

Time to find a new spot buddy! Maybe you should take a trip up by us Northern Boys. We got tons of dem darn flyin tings!

I use to hunt Clinton when I was in Iselin, now it is way to far to drive. The ride up at 5am is fine, but the ride back in Saturday afternoon traffic sucks.

Tony,

I use to hunt Clinton when I was in Iselin, now it is way to far to drive. The ride up at 5am is fine, but the ride back in Saturday afternoon traffic sucks.

I heard that Clinton is really good for pheasant, but it's also really good for getting hit with birdshot..

CSJ, it all depends on what side you hunt on. The other thing with Clinton is the birds are nice and spread out, so if you see a group of chuckleheads just wait till they are out of the way or go another way. We hunt with dogs an keep them away from those who do not seem to have it together. I have seen a lot of guys shoot at runners and just pump out all 3.

CSJ, it all depends on what side you hunt on. The other thing with Clinton is the birds are nice and spread out, so if you see a group of chuckleheads just wait till they are out of the way or go another way. We hunt with dogs an keep them away from those who do not seem to have it together. I have seen a lot of guys shoot at runners and just pump out all 3.

Humm.. I should get a NJ hunting license :-P.. driving to PA all the time takes up hunting time... i work like 20 minutes or so from clinton. I'm still a n00b though, so I do it cuz my coworker shows me the ropes. Plus.. rifle season is coming up soon.