n4p226r

Sig Sauer photo thread

I'm unaware of any "drama" caused by the choice of rails on handguns. I suppose people will start a shiite fight over anything. I prefer my handguns without rails as I have no use for them and feel that they distort the elegant lines of certain types. Sometimes you can't get around it, some of my HK's had them as well as my Mosquito.

Glock 19. Olive Drab. No aftermarket upgrades except for a Pachmayr rubber grip not shown here. Need to upgrade the sights, either Trijicon or Meprolight.

That's an odd looking Sig. :mrgreen: :lol: BTW, I dig the color of that G19. I have 2 G19's myself... an older 2nd gen and a newer 3rd Gen w/ the Austrian proof marks. Excellent pistols.

Also have a P226 from 95 or so, I believe it was the last year of German production w/ the stamped metal slide. That is an AWESOME pistol!!!

I really like the look and feel of Sigs. It makes me wish I weren't a lefty. I like all steel guns and Sig makes a quality firearm but....

They are the least lefty-friendly pistols out there. I can normally operate the slide lock/release on a semi-auto pistol with my left index finger. On a Sig it is way too far to the rear of the slide for me to do it. It's tough to work the decocker too with my index finger.

I know there are people who will chime in that I should be slingshotting the slide with my offhand. I rarely do that. It's just the way I am.

In case any lefty's out there are feeling the same way, after lots of searching I can tell you the most lefty-friendly guns:

1) HK - P7/P7M8 - all steel and no side controls at all! :D

2) CZ 85 - ambi safety and slide release. And all steel. :)

3) HK everything else - ambi safety and slide release on all their new guns! They don't make all steel pistols any more though. :(

4) S&W M&P - ambi safety (if you decide to get one) and ambi slide lock. Only comes in plastic too. :(

I will be sure to post pics of my new (all steel) CZ 75B Compact with ambi safety I am picking up Thursday. Don't get me wrong about tupperware firearms. I own a few Glocks and love 'em, just not as much as steel. :)

I really like the look and feel of Sigs. It makes me wish I weren't a lefty. I like all steel guns and Sig makes a quality firearm but....

They are the least lefty-friendly pistols out there. I can normally operate the slide lock/release on a semi-auto pistol with my left index finger. On a Sig it is way too far to the rear of the slide for me to do it. It's tough to work the decocker too with my index finger.

I know there are people who will chime in that I should be slingshotting the slide with my offhand. I rarely do that. It's just the way I am.

In case any lefty's out there are feeling the same way, after lots of searching I can tell you the most lefty-friendly guns:

1) HK - P7/P7M8 - all steel and no side controls at all!

2) CZ 85 - ambi safety and slide release. And all steel. :)

3) HK everything else - ambi safety and slide release on all their new guns! They don't make all steel pistols any more though. :(

4) S&W M&P - ambi safety (if you decide to get one) and ambi slide lock. Only comes in plastic too. :(

I will be sure to post pics of my new (all steel) CZ 75B Compact with ambi safety I am picking up Thursday. Don't get me wrong about tupperware firearms. I own a few Glocks and love 'em, just not as much as steel. :)

M&P also has ambi dex mag release as well (well, u can change from left to right).

The magazine release on contemporary SIG's are reversible. The slide releases are ambidextrous.

I neglected to mention the new plastic Sig 250. I have yet to shoot it yet, so it never made the list. You are correct about it having ambi controls. I don't think their steel framed pistols have that option, but maybe that's something new.

As a lefty myself, I'm used to using the index finger on my strong hand to manipulate the controls on my handguns. My XD's mag release is ambidextrous, and is the best mag release for us leftys.

I've relegated myself to purchase firearms that fit MY needs.

Charter Arms southpaw

Stag Arms Model 2L

Remington 870L Wingmaster

Remington M70L

Ruger HawkeyeL

Beretta CX4 (setup for left-hand operation)

Sigs only fall apart, glocks explode.

EDIT. In reality it all comes down to what you do and don't want. I don't think that there is an unbiased why of answering your question.

I just asked a question about trying to prevent a Glock from exploding that on another thread.

I would be using it for target/steel shooting and HD. I want a larger caliber that the 9mm also..

For HD I like having a decocker, +1 for the Sig.

Sigs only fall apart, glocks explode.

EDIT. In reality it all comes down to what you do and don't want. I don't think that there is an unbiased why of answering your question.

I just asked a question about that on another thread.

I would be using it for target/steel shooting and HD. I want a larger caliber that the 9mm also..

I don't think their steel framed pistols have that option

They do but it's something that a trained armoror or their Custon shop would do. Their older handguns did not have the feature.

I actually spoke with the head gunsmith at CZ, Mr Eagleshield, and he told me that only the alloy framed compacts can have this done. It won't work on the slides for the 9mm compact 75B. The parts to do it on the PCR and P01 9mm cost $88, and then there is the cost of having someone install and fit them. It was easier to just go with the 40S&W.