Melgamatic

Allentown Gun Show this weekend

Expect to head up that way Sunday AM. Bringing a friend along, might not get there til 10ish.

Its the best gun show I've ever attended. Forks of the Delaware show at the Agriculture Center. Not Eagle Arms. The Eagle Arms shows that I've been to suck.

Yeah, I agree. I also went this summer, and the shows were identical (down to the same vendors in the same locations). It is big, but perhaps only 5% of the tables at most had any new guns. Many had nothing but Nazi war relics. The big room has pretty much nothing but old crufty guns, with some very expensive fancy old guns, too. One table selling new ammo, no big deal. No one selling powder or primers except for one guy selling them for $60/1000. Tons of daggers, old knives, old uniforms, old paper relics from WWII and older etc.

I'm not going to go again. Next time I say I'm going to go you guys remind me of this, ok?

I did drive 30 miles West to Cabelas, and had success there, including Rem Benchrest Small Rifle primers for $33, yeah.

-Melg

Last time I went, it was good if you were looking for rusty antiques and old rotten military uniforms. Only a small portion of it was for "new" stuff.

I've have been going since 1988. It's mainly a collectors show for older firearms.

I picked a few real nice things things today.

i have been a member for over 30 years - + i find it a quality show - not the place for drug store commandos or if your looking for beef jerky or pickled sausage - lots of parts + bargains on older guns yesterday - only disadvantage is no reloading supplies , but t+t reloading is close - it is the one show i never miss -

Dang didn't know about it. Any others to keep an eye open for?

A little late, but Mt. Bethel (PA) Fire Co. show is today. That is north of Easton, just south of the gap on 611. Small show, but sometimes interesting.

The biggie is coming up. Valley Forge Gun Show at the convention center is 12/18 - 20 - two weeks and counting.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I went this past weekend. Waste of time + crappy weather.

As everyone said, no new stuff. I went looking for ammo deals - Nada!

Have you gone to the Valley Forge Gun Show before? What's it like?

Dang didn't know about it. Any others to keep an eye open for?

A little late, but Mt. Bethel (PA) Fire Co. show is today. That is north of Easton, just south of the gap on 611. Small show, but sometimes interesting.

The biggie is coming up. Valley Forge Gun Show at the convention center is 12/18 - 20 - two weeks and counting.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Valley Forge has a little something for everybody. Black rifles from both sides of the former iron curtain. Ammo. Sporting arms. Optics, from Chinese crap to high-end Night Force (unfortunately more of the former than the latter). Just a very good general show. I'm heading over on Saturday morning if anyone is heading through Central Jersey and wants to ride along. Just PM me.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Why is there so much Nazi crap at these shows? I remember last time we stopped by one, at least 15 to 20% of the tables had it.

It's all very highly collectible from the weapons right down the the clothing if it's all original.

Valley Forge has a little something for everybody. Black rifles from both sides of the former iron curtain. Ammo. Sporting arms. Optics, from Chinese crap to high-end Night Force (unfortunately more of the former than the latter). Just a very good general show. I'm heading over on Saturday morning if anyone is heading through Central Jersey and wants to ride along. Just PM me.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I am a complete newbie to firearms (paintballing/reffing counts somewhat towards safety attitude) so I think a show like this would be an eye opener.

I think I can make it on the 19th. I will post up as the date gets closer

Thanks for the heads up.