matt6669

What food can't you eat

OK as we all know I am probably the person with the least bit of knowledge when it comes to religion etc like that.

So I would like to get a list of what everyone can't eat based on their religion and/or allergies.

I will be using this info sometime in the future so it'll help me greatly to know this information. Also if there are dates you are not allowed to eat or etc because of your religion let me know about that as well.

thanks gentlemen

M

I could of done that Fattie but I want to know what everyone on this website conforms to. I know a lot of the people on here do exactly what their religions tells them to do.

But thanks for the link, I will go read it now since you found it for me :)

hi matt (aka: my bf)

i would love to go to dinner with u but im married...but maybe he wont find out...lol!! ssshhhh...it will be our lil secret ;)

also...i would like to request at this time that chad be banned from this site since he would like to ban me...or if anyone would like...u can find me in my pregnancy forum online...u should see some of the topics we talk about in there...LOL!!!

lol i have a feeling it may dangerous posting in this particular thread as I may have stepped into a bizarre triangle here.. but.. i have a few minutes to kill while the "wife" is folding laundry..

so, regarding the religious aspect: I'm not particularly religious, but being Greek Orthodox we have a few restrictions. No meat on Wed. and Fridays. During Easter season, for the 40 days leading up to Holy Week, we're not supposed to eat meat, dairy, eggs and prob a few other things I'm forgetting.

We're also not supposed to eat meat a certain number of days before receiving communion. I forget the exact number.

Lots of other silly food restrictions like not being able to eat oil on certain days (but, it's ok to eat olives :roll: )

I did all that stuff when I was younger, mostly out of respect for my father who is very religious. Not so much anymore.

I know on passover we are not supposed to eat beginning on sundown the night before until sundown on the following day. I remember being a kid, sneaking PB&J supplies into my room a few days before to prepare.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OMG this is the greatest thing I have read ever! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I know on passover we are not supposed to eat beginning on sundown the night before until sundown on the following day. I remember being a kid, sneaking PB&J supplies into my room a few days before to prepare.

You probably still sneak food into your room too.

Ok, if we find PB&J in Chad's home defense gun.... we know how it got there. =)

Um. jewish.... yeah, no shellfish, no pork. some take it more extreme as to everything Kosher.

I stay away from pork personally, and only eat shrimp out of the seafood. Being from Odessa and jewish there, contridicts with judaism from Israel.

anastasia is a quasi vegetarian... ie she eats fish, no meat meat.

so offtopic... for chad and wifey... are you two like in the same room typing and talkign to each other over IM? lol

Ok, back to food...

I will not eat: Liver, and any other crazy food. I dont like salad's with dressing, just a bit of salt and pepper. and I will only eat bread that is straight fresh from the bakery. Next morning... just doesnt happen.

LOL...welll kinda...we are in the same room on each of our laptops but no im'ing each other...just on here...lol...but right now chad is busy cursing out the TV (Giants game) because im an Eagles fan...LOL...so i do not think he will be talking to me for the rest of the night...thats partially my fault for cheering at the tv for the Eagles winning 1st place division and repeating it over n over again to him...LOL...he just walked outside to blow off some steam as a matter of fact...LOL...what a sore loser!! uugghh!!

OHHHHHHH dear I'm not so sure we can date anymore now that I know your a beagles fan :( This is really upsetting because I thought we had something special going on. Chad can have you all to himself now, your tainted

That being said, Maks, Chad can't have pb&j in his defense gun. He would actually have to shoot it for that to happen and as we all know, that isn't going to happen :)

So no pork huh maks? How many other people are against el porko!!!!!????

Ed I was actually going to put in my last post, CSJ no need to reply, I know you'll eat whatever is put on the table :)

Well.. I'm not not allowed to eat anything. But I don't eat seafood.. or ketchup, or mustard, or mayo. Or pickles. Or eggs, not too much ham, don't drink coffee or regular tea (iced OK). Not a fan of olives.. olive oil is good though! I'm sure there's other stuff :-P

I think I'm not allowed to eat meat on Fridays during lent. Not sure about that one though.