nonova0074

wife wants a handgun

well I took the wife to the bullet hole and now she is hooked. I was think a walther p22 might be a good place for her to start what do you guys think. She shot my xd-40 and she said it was hard for her to rack. Eventualy she wants a 1911 like angie jolie like in wanted. But I told her she cant get a 1911 until i get one. :dance:

The best way is to take her to a rental range and shoot various handguns and let her determine what she wants. I tend to recommend DA revolvers, K frame or larger, for new shooters as manaul of arms is easier and if you master the DA pull on a revolver everything else is easy. A semi auto would also be good but whatever...let her decide. 22s are cheap to shoot and easy to learn on and are way better than an umbrella in a SD situation.

I would stay away from the p22. it is pretty much a useless gun. its not really accurate and appeal goes away.

in the 22lr types... if she wants a wheel gun, try the smith 7 shot 22lr. anastasia loved wolfy's.

I personally have the smith 22a, 10 round semi auto and it is a great firearm, easy to clean, pretty reliable.... and smith customer service is top notch for when stuff goes wrong... you know, manuals, recalls, warranty work, wrong mags, etc. :dance:

Dont push her to a 9mm tooo quickly, start with a 22lr.

also, cant go wrong with a 22lr rifle. like a ruger 10/22, marlin model 60, or those new awesome AR clones, Smith MP15-22, Colt 22, etc.