Maksim

Anyone Scuba?

Been diving since 1985. Very fun and well worth the time & $ to get PADI. Don't get hung up about the cost of equipment, you only need personal gear. Unless you dive a lot, owning BC,tanks, regulator, computer is unnecessary. NJ ocean diving is not much fun plus it's hard to bring a gun.

I am a couple of times a year in the Caribbean and prefer to rent new stuff instead of traveling with my 20 year old junk. Of course, my old stuff is perfect for marina repair diving.

I have done snooba in the grand caymons and scuba in the Key's however I am not certified.

It's like being on another planet when you are under the crystal clear blue water surrounded by thousands of fish.

Ohh and seeing a bull shark swim by is also pretty interesting. :shock:

I've done the snorkeling like everyone else and their grandmother has. I've been telling my GF we should get certified and take a real scuba trip when we go on vacation.. but I think she is less than enthusiastic. Besides.. I float pretty well with my girth :lol::lol:

I don't know if she trusts me after I was trying to knock her out of the mini-boats last year.

Theres more pictures of like fish and a shark and stuff in this album. I think these pics were from when we were going slow. Those little boats are FUN. They go pretty fast. I'm pretty sure I had it in the air a few times riding over waves. The steering is pretty hard though.. all manual.. haha.. I offered to let her drive back.. but she declined.

Miracle189.jpg

Miracle193.jpg

Miracle194.jpg

Miracle195.jpg

Miracle239.jpg

I started back in the days of the double hose regulator and a tank...and nothing else. I've been a PADI Divemaster since 93 and worked on a friend's dive boat out of Point Pleasant for a few years. Beyond that I assisted a friend who is a PADI Instructor teaching out of Hoboken and Rutger's Scuba. For the past few years it's been more on the tech level but I refused to get into the Rebreather area.

I'd rather dive the cold water wrecks than the clear resort areas. Just much more fun but a lot more equipment intensive.

Two friends during our last trip to the St. Lawrence Seaway.

IMG_0453.jpg

http://www.bahamasgo.com/divedivedive.htm

Try this for scuba. The shark feeding is well worth the money. The sharks show up when they hear the boat and I swam past them to the bottom at 60'.

This outfit is next to one of the most popular other companies on the island but much better. They even have inexpensive cottages.