jermz1987

GUN BAN COMMING?

I saw this on THR and was wondering if anyone has heard anything about this. I cant find any articles about it.

GOD I HOPE THIS IS FAKE.

U.S. agrees to timetable for UN Gun Ban

The United Nations and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are moving forward with their plan to confiscate your guns.

The United States joined 152 other countries in support of the Arms Trade Treaty Resolution, which establishes the dates for the 2012 UN conference intended to attack American sovereignty by stripping Americans of the right to keep and bear arms.

Working groups of anti-gun countries will begin scripting language for the conference this year, creating a blueprint for other countries when they meet at the full conference.

The stakes couldn't be higher.

Former United Nation's ambassador John Bolton has cautioned gun owners about the Arms Trade Treaty and says the UN

• Like 1

Never going to happen, there is only a hand full of anti-gun states vs the vast majority of the USA being pro-gun. As mentioned, expect LARGE riots and the political fall of democrats and since politicians only care about votes, don't expect that to happen anytime soon.

Never going to happen, there is only a hand full of anti-gun states vs the vast majority of the USA being pro-gun. As mentioned, expect LARGE riots and the political fall of democrats and since politicians only care about votes, don't expect that to happen anytime soon.

Agreed, the reprocusions politicaly will be terrible, not to mention the potential for violence. But given this current Regimes push for control and power at any cost, you can never be too careful. History is full of slaves and corpses that believed horrific things could never happen.

I still want more proof that it is being pushed to the top of the pile.

Some of this seems to be true:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... kyS4.975YM

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE59T4QN20091030

I admittedly didn't read either article word for word, but at a quick glance, it seems like the "treaty" is more geared towards international sale of weapons as opposed to local sales.. importing, exporting, etc... altho I guess if importing is restricted it would impact local sales. But again, I didn't read it very carefully.

To ratify a treaty, its has to go through congress...

Alot of these rumors can be cleared up with a civics lesson.

YES, we still have checks and balances...NO this will never happen, and thats not even what this treaty is about.

The USA and GUN OWNERSHIP are like cars and tires, you need them, and if you seperate them, you better be prepared to walk...

To ratify a treaty, its has to go through congress...

Alot of these rumors can be cleared up with a civics lesson.

YES, we still have checks and balances...NO this will never happen, and thats not even what this treaty is about.

The USA and GUN OWNERSHIP are like cars and tires, you need them, and if you seperate them, you better be prepared to walk...

I see a lot of things that I NEVER thought I would see happening. It happens when we as Americans are asleep at the wheel. I believe our elected Officials would run us into chains if they had the chance. They need to fear losing an election and their gravy train which they do not. Until that happens we all need to keep an eye on everything that is happening. The never happen here mentality is what causes things to happen. And I do not believe half of the people who say "I'll give them my bullets first" would have a clue on how to go about doing it or have the balls to do it.

Not saying I am a the world is coming to an end person, but a healthy fear of Government is a good thing to combat complaceny.

it was tried during the bush administration , only thing that stopped it was our ambassador mr. bolton - back when bill clinton was president the united nations were given a voice + authority pertaining to what policies our national parks have - bolton fought the gun ban on constituitional grounds , i bet the obama administration will not -

The president (lower case on purpose) may sign any treaty he wants. It then must be approved by a two thirds vote in the Senate to be ratified and in effect. There have been attempts at this for years. obama has indicated he is all for it but, it will not get 67 votes in the Senate at this time.

does not need congressional approval on executive orders - thats how bill clinton got united nations involved in our national parks -

Keep in mind that there are also politicians who would NOT let something like this happen.

There are people who are pro or con anything. We do have them in the palm of our hands because the 'agenda' :hope:

is getting defeated...no worries...the middle has risen...welcome to everyman, populist rage!

LOL!