Sign in to follow this  
maideneddie

Still waiting for ammo from Cabella's....

I ordered 1200 rounds of winchester white box 9mm, and 1000 rounds of american eagle 9mm from Cabella's over a month ago, and have still not gotten it. 9mm is so readily available at all the local stores that I would have thought it would be here by now. Two months ago I ordered 22 lr. in bulk from them and they said it was backordered, but they were able to fill it in 5 days. I guess it was just wishfull thinking that they would be able to do the same with the 9mm ammo. Have you guys experienced the same thing with ammo from them, and how long have you had to wait? My buddy ordered .380, and 45 acp and it has been over 2 months :shock: . Total bs. If you know of anywhere better to order bulk from i'm open to suggestions :think::p

You could have picked it up at their Hamburg, PA store this past weekend. I haven't seen their ammo shelves that full in a very long time. Mostly at acceptable prices.

Only bought Winchester Wildcat 22's, which work very well in all my 22's. $21.99, or $22.99 with the comemorative wooden box, which I like.

Back in the spring before I started reloading, I think I waited a month or two. That was at a time though when it was extremely hard to find ammo. Sometimes you can call them and get an approx. ship date. I've even changed orders if I see another brand in stock. I had winchester primers on back order for months. I saw some CCI in stock and changed the order no problem.

BTW - the Hamburg store is awesome. They have racks and racks of rifles and several long cases filled with handguns. There is also a room filled with used guns for sale - some are collectors items and very expensive. There was a good selection of reloading supplies although they were short on primers.

BTW - the Hamburg store is awesome. They have racks and racks of rifles and several long cases filled with handguns. There is also a room filled with used guns for sale - some are collectors items and very expensive. There was a good selection of reloading supplies although they were short on primers.

The regular used long guns are on racks outside the "gun library." Take 'em off the rack yourself, check them out. The gun library has the better used guns, super expensive rare items, very nice trap guns, etc. Always nice to browse, and some of them are not that expensive.

Last Saturday they had just about every primer you wanted. They had at least 30 boxes of CCI small rifle primers in a giant stack, plus at least a box or two of every other kind, including benchrest primers and 50BMG primers. In my experience, if they have 1-2 boxes of a primer on the shelf, they usually have a bunch more behind the counter at the rifle area, and they just put them out piece at a time.

-Dave

So as luck would have it I received an email from Cabella's today that both my orders were going to be indefinetly on back order for god knows how long. They did however sub it with 2 other brands. The American eagle was subed with Sellier & Bellot 9mm . I did some research and saw nothing but positive reviews for it, so thats cool. The winchester is being subed with PMC 9mm, and again found nothing put positive feedback. They combined both my orders and saved some green on shipping, and am now getting 3 dry storage boxes for free instead of 1 like originally. Yeah Cabella's is alright in my book :mrgreen:

Cabela's is Great to deal with. I ordered and two days later received s 20% off coupon I called and asked them to apply it to my old order and they did !!!

I ordered PMC ammo before I learned it was made in south Korea. I wont do that Again I'll spend a little more and keep the jobs here. I don't care Who the manufacturer is but I want it made here.

I ordered PMC ammo before I learned it was made in south Korea. I wont do that Again I'll spend a little more and keep the jobs here. I don't care Who the manufacturer is but I want it made here.

Dude - that's cool, make sure you don't buy Wolf, Tiger, Brown Bear, Sellier and Bellot, Prvi, etc. During the ammo shortage, we took whatever we could get...

Dude - that's cool, make sure you don't buy Wolf, Tiger, Brown Bear, Sellier and Bellot, Prvi, etc. During the ammo shortage, we took whatever we could get...

Beggars cant be choosers I understand that.

I only just started shooting so it's gonna take me a while to learn whats what. I know federal is made here and will look for that.

Beggars cant be choosers I understand that.

I only just started shooting so it's gonna take me a while to learn whats what. I know federal is made here and will look for that.

And you better not be shooting Merican Ammo thru a foreign gun. We all know that's how Blocks kaboom. :p

(^^^ that's entirely sarcasm)