civictuner04

wasr 10 feed problems

hey i bought a wasr 10 off of this forum and it doesnt feed properly i knew before so im not angry by no means but i know very little about aks

----i origanally thought it was the magazines but o rdered 2 more completrely different manufacture and same thing is happening

any of the mags i own if i load them and just snap it in the gun and rack the gun it does grab the bullet and jams everytime....... but if i hold the front of the magwith my left hand 4 fingers and thumb threw trigger guard holding the rear of the mag up like a 1/16 of an inch higher in mag well it cycles every bullet fine not a problem havent tried to shoot it but i know if i rack it manually and it jams when i fire it, it will jam

any ideas... i thank everyone now for any help

OK - if you can move the back of your mag up and down with the mag latch closed, you will experience jams. I had 2 pmags that did it. I epoxied a small piece of steel on the magazine where the latch makes contact. I used a 2 part epoxy made by Loctite. I then filed the metal piece so that the mag was up tight in the mag well. Since then, I have had no jams. You could probably try gluing a piece of hard plastic and filing it.

I also ordered a couple of 10 round metal magazines from cheaper than dirt and experienced the same problem. It was worse with the metal mags. I fixed these also by fitting a metal tab on the mag lip and filing it to fit. I used JB Weld on the metal mag.

It's possible the mag latch on you rifle is a little short. I was going to order another latch for my rifle, but the built up piece on the magazine is working so I haven't got around to it yet. This is on a double stach WASR 10.

I also have a single stack WASR 10 with no feed problems, but the magazines fit better. The mags don't have the up and down movement like my double stack WASR 10.

This is the problem with double stack Wasr's in NJ, since no one makes reliable 10 rounders in double stack.

Pro mag's suck and the metal ones from cheaper then dirt are right behind them. I was able to get some Chinese

double stacks made for a Mak-90 and they work great. All wasr's start off as single stack they are opened by century

if they took to much off it can cause the mag wobble and feed issue. If you can shim the mags or the walls of the well

with sheet metal and JB weld it will most likely resolve your issues. The sad thing is if you stick a decent military surplus

30 rounder in there it will most likely feed with no issues at all.

If I understand you theres play at the mag catch and if you hold the mag up it cycles fine ?

sounds like you need to replace the mag catch I have even added some weld with a mig welder and that worked for me .

If you want to change the catch,, change the complete trigger guard assembly it would be less work that little spring is tuff .

If you want to take a ride I could help you .