Sign in to follow this  
mikeyboyeee

Actual process for permit extension?

Ok, so I have 2 permits set to expire in 1.5 weeks. I went down to East Brunswick Records today to gtet them extended.

Said I had to leave them there and it could take a couple of weeks.

Needless to say I was livid.

She said their is a "process" but couldn't tell me what that "process" is.

SO is it anything other then the Detective signing it with a later date added?

My local PD(West Orange) told me to drop them off around 3 days before they expire and they'll have them ready in a few days.

They are on the average in terms of turn around time. Took around 3mo for initial FID/Permit and subsequent permits were around 2mo. However they have gotten a bit faster lately, last time I applied for permits it only took 1mo. I hope it stays that way :D

Took me about 10 minutes. There are boxes on the current permit for extension. All they do is use a rubber stamp of the chief's signature and redate them another 90 days hence from the initial expiration date. Process? We don't need no stinkin' process.

Marlboro Township PD has extended permits for me within the same day. I simply needed to present the existing permits and the FID.

Nice to see Marlboro is on the ball since I grew up and parents still there.

WHo is the detective in Charge?

Not sure who the detective in charge is, the only "customer-facing" officer in firearms there is Mike Moody.

I have resorted to buying what I like, and having the store put it on hold for 31 days.

Every 3 months I apply for more permits, but I am curious to see what I will hear this time I go.

I know this one gun a month law is making a stupid system more stupid.

That being said, I wont even screw around with extensions in this state. Cant trust it.