Sign in to follow this  
JonF

HK Mk 23 is big gun!

I've been getting a little bored with the couple pistols i have and looking to rejuvenate my interests with something new perhaps (but haven't figured that out yet) and came across this gun just poking around HK's model lineup. I don't or have never owned an HK, but they have some interesting things but nothing too different that really sticks out aside from the P7 that i wish i could have. Anyways, i came across people talking about how the HK45 is such an great gun for ergo's and such which leads to its comparison to other .45's. Then I saw a review that compared it to the Mk23 and the size is huge! After that, they even compared to the Desert Eagle and aside from the barrel girth, its nearly as big. Anyone own one of these behemoths?

HK Mark23 (top) vs USP 45 Tactical (bottom)

hkmark23tactical12gw.jpg

HK mk 23 vs Deagle

hkmark23vsdeserteagle12wc.jpg

ive always wondered the difference between the usp tactical and the mk23, btw "PLEASE NOTE: The Mark 23 has been discontinued" says http://www.impactguns.com/store/hk_usp_tactical.html

H&K makes some sexy firearms the usp, mk23, mp5, mp7 i like H&K and i always thought the mk23 was real badass but it doesnt look like ill be able to get one. a google shopping search shows it to be about 2k and out of stock everywhere. my only chances of getting an mk23 is this.

I owned a 23 for some time, sold it about this time last year. It's a pretty cool gun that really makes you look good at the range, very accurate. But it is obnoxiously large and the novelty wears off over time (about six years for me). If I could go back and do it again I would buy a Tac. Today if I were still interested in that sort of thing I'd buy the HK45.

Picture017.jpg

Picture016.jpg

I was torn between the Mk23, the USP Tactical and the HK45 a few years ago. I picked up the Mk23 and couldn't work any of the controls with my thumb. Slide release, decocker, totally wouldn't budge unless I changed my grip, so no thank you. After playing with both the Tac and the HK45, I decided to go with the newer model and I haven't look back since.

When they release the HK45 Tactical, I'll be the first guy on the list.

P.S.- I do not believe the Mk23 has been discontinued.

I had a Mark 23 and sold it to a friend. Its a pain to get parts for it. I have big hands so the size of it was never an issue. Also have enjoyed many varieties of the HK USP such a the Match, Elite, Expert, and Tactical. Right now I only have the Expert left. Recently bought a HK45 and I like shooting that one more then the USP's. Ergo's are perfect for me and its a smooth shooter. The accuracy for all this pistols was more then I would ever need.

Cant speak for any of the above, but as far as HK goes, I love my USP 45

theres a lot of matts on this site, i'm another one at that. anyway I wouldn't have gone with 2 tone but beautiful anyway. I'm pretty sure a USP will end up being my first gun. If I ever get an FID and some permits before the world comes to an end that is.