lunker

CMP 30-06 M2 Ball Ammo is in!

I noticed a lot of Garand owners looking at this stuff... what's so special about this surplus ammo when compared to new production stuff?

This ammo has the correct pressure curve. Modern ammo has too steep a pressure curve. It can bend the operating rod eventually.

I noticed a lot of Garand owners looking at this stuff... what's so special about this surplus ammo when compared to new production stuff?

You should not shoot commercial 30-06 out of a Garand, the next best option to the Greek is to hand load with the correct recommended pressures.

Why can't they load commercial loads with the proper pressure curve? I only ask because surplus ammo will not last forever, and I don't plan on getting into reloading soon.

Federal does make M1 Garand ammo, but it's more expensive.

no the 1903s & 1917s can shoot commercial .30-06 AFAIK. If one buys the adjustable gas plug, can use the commercial stuff in an M1. I bought one but have not used it yet.

Eventually the surplus M2 ball will dry up. I bet the Greeks wanted more money this time, and they probably need it based on what I hear on the news--

Federal does make M1 Garand ammo, but it's more expensive.

So does Hornady now.