Cemeterys Gun Blob

Central Jersey R&P Club. Lawsuit??

We are not being sued. The club has a lead remediation plan we are developing in conjunction with the EPA. CJ is 182 acres with the range on one end so how could lead contaminate our neighbors?

That's what I thought when I heard this.

Good to hear.

Starting up the piggy bank for membership fee's.

I heard a rumor that Central Jersey is currently getting sued by it's neighbors due to lead contamination.

Is this true?

I was thinking of trying to join at some point this year.

Nice subject line. :think:

The club has taken the initiative to clean the club property of lead and improve the ranges. The ranges commonly known as "The Pits" are currently being cleaned of lead and redesigned to more than double the number of individual ranges and make them safer by way of higher berms and separating barriers. This is one of several planned steps of improvement of the facility to continue being one of the best clubs anywhere.

Central Jersey Rifle and Pistol Club is working with the Pinelands Commission and the pertinent state and local authorities to do the job right. Lead contamination could be a problem for any range and CJRPC decided to act ahead of any potential problems.

CJ is 182 acres with the range on one end so how could lead contaminate our neighbors?

Easily. Situate a range berm too close to a property line and lead may ricochet or splatter onto your neighbor's property.

THE CJRPC BOD and the Club President in particular have spent hundreds of hours planning & implementing lead remediation for the club. The effort will probably be a model for other NJ clubs to follow.

--Daniel