LorenzoS

NY A Salt Weapons Ban

Not being a Chef or having a tenth of the culinary talents my wife has but don't you need salt in certain recipes?

Of course all I do is microwave or grill/ No salt usually in either.

Your BBQ rubs and marinades all have salt in em... You're screwed! :o

I had heard that this is a complely voluntary initiative aimed at restaurants.

The mayor made it clear a few weeks ago that he considered it non binding and unenforceable but would like to give an incentive to reduce sodium in people's diets.

I am no diet expert, but I am all for healthier food. In fact, the first place I ever saw the calory count on a dish was in the dining facility in our FOB south of Mosul. That simple addition of signage help me lose maintain and reduce my weight while there. I remember thinking how great it was and then when I returned NY City had started listing calorie counts in restaurants as well. For those that know and care to use the information it can be a great tool.

Reducing the amount of salt to start is a great tool as well. I LOVE salt but my wife can do without it for health reasons. I would prefer the option of adding more for my own preference vs her not being able to go out to dinner.