Teufelhunden

Problem with CMP shipping to NJ?

On 12 April CMP representatives met with representatives of the NJ State Police and the NJ Attorney General's office. At issue was the fact that CMP customers were receiving rifles at their home and not from a firearms dealer licensed by the state. It was the opinion of the representatives of both the NJ State Police and the AG's office that NJ requires all firearm transactions be face to face and the transfer of a rifle be made to the customer by a NJ licensed dealer. Therefore, NJ residents cannot certify paragraph K on the CMP order form that reads: "I further certify that I will not be in violation, by reason of my receipt or posession of a rifle, of any state law or puiblished ordinance applicable where I reside". Effective immediately, rifles sold and shipped to NJ residents must be shipped to NJ licensed firearms dealers. Customers should provide CMP with copies of the dealer's FFL and NJ State license, along with the CMP order form. This applies to all rifle orders we have already received and not yet shipped. Each of those customers will be contacted individually this week. New Jersey residents who visit either CMP store may purchase and pick up rifles without the necessity of going through a NJ licensed dealer. Orest MichaelsChief Operating Officer.

This state sucks.

On 12 April CMP representatives met with representatives of the NJ State Police and the NJ Attorney General's office. At issue was the fact that CMP customers were receiving rifles at their home and not from a firearms dealer licensed by the state. It was the opinion of the representatives of both the NJ State Police and the AG's office that NJ requires all firearm transactions be face to face and the transfer of a rifle be made to the customer by a NJ licensed dealer. Therefore, NJ residents cannot certify paragraph K on the CMP order form that reads: "I further certify that I will not be in violation, by reason of my receipt or posession of a rifle, of any state law or puiblished ordinance applicable where I reside". Effective immediately, rifles sold and shipped to NJ residents must be shipped to NJ licensed firearms dealers. Customers should provide CMP with copies of the dealer's FFL and NJ State license, along with the CMP order form. This applies to all rifle orders we have already received and not yet shipped. Each of those customers will be contacted individually this week. New Jersey residents who visit either CMP store may purchase and pick up rifles without the necessity of going through a NJ licensed dealer. Orest MichaelsChief Operating Officer.

This state sucks.

What? This is an important ruling. After all, convicted felons go through all the trouble to get CMP certified so they can get a gun shipped right to them. Gangbangers' most favorite weapon is a 10lb, stripper clip loaded 44 inch long rifle. When they hold up those "gang signs" with their hands? It's just showing that they don't have Garand thumb. We need to keep these dangerous weapons out of the hands of criminals. It's for the kids dontcha know.

I heard just the other day that gang of MS-13 tried to knock off a liquor store. They didn't make it inside because the bayonets were fixed and they kept getting jammed up in the narrow doorway but hey, had they got inside...it could have been a massacre.

I heard just the other day that gang of MS-13 tried to knock off a liquor store. They didn't make it inside because the bayonets were fixed and they kept getting jammed up in the narrow doorway but hey, had they got inside...it could have been a massacre.

Now I know why bayonets are not illegal in NJ! :lol::deadhorse::D

It won't. Their are too many unproductive people here that are happy to nuzzle at the teat of the NJ Welfare state (at the expense of the rest of us, of course). It's a shame, but as long as there are enough people feeding at the government trough, they will continue to vote in representatives that ensure the system never changes. It's no surprise that Democrats love tax cuts directed at the poor and what they call "middle class". 40% of US citizens no longer pay state and Federal taxes. It's much easier to vote for people who promise tax increases when you know someone else will be paying for them. These citizens no longer have a direct stake in the U.S. tax system.

The best thing that could happen is for the highly taxed productive people in the state to move elsewhere and let NJ implode.

The best thing that could happen is for the highly taxed productive people in the state to move elsewhere and let NJ implode.

It's called going Gault. It's been 20+ years but I started re-reading Atlas Shrugged. I'm about 600 pages into it and there's still 500 to go...onion skin pages and 6 point type.

I have not seen that post, the CMP froums are just back up now on a 13 Apr backup. But if true, you can thank the new Governor for this one. I thought at least things wouldn't get worse, I was wrong. Now watch for online ammo sales--of ALL ammo--and components to go away. Blackpowder? Muzzle loaders? Not for you, NJ citizens. Not Yours. An :x d a host of other 'opinions',perhaps-

I have not seen that post, the CMP froums are just back up now on a 13 Apr backup. But if true, you can thank the new Governor for this one. I thought at least things wouldn't get worse, I was wrong. Now watch for online ammo sales--of ALL ammo--and components to go away. Blackpowder? Muzzle loaders? Not for you, NJ citizens. Not Yours. An :x d a host of other 'opinions',perhaps-

NJ Law alrealdy states that blackpowder/muzzleloader guns have to go through FFL's, just like BB guns.