Sign in to follow this  
axeman_g

My 9yo first time at the Range

Before I went away I wanted to spend some special time with each of my boys. Well my 5yo wanted to go to the playground so Daddy went and ran around with him for a few hours and got ice cream. My 9yo wanted to go to the archery range... so I suprised him. He is a mature kid, decent head on his shoulders most times. So I loaded up the GSG and S&W .38 while he wasnt looking and then loaded him up. He asked if his bow was in the car and I said nope... we were going shooting instead. You would of thought I gave him a gallon of chococalate fudge sauce the kid was smiling so much.

So he did very well, we ran though the rules repeatedly and he was very attentive and listened. He was also a very good shot with the GSG. He had a great time and cant wait to go back. Proactive helped me out with him at times as he was at the range also, and we gave my boy a rundown on different rifles, round sizes and power. He loved Proactive's M4, and the Garand, although he did not want to shoot them.. he was a little intimidated I think. I think the GSG will soon be his.

Here is a pic. Thats ProActive in the background. Caught him with the cell camera .. a little bad form, he was lettig the stock slip down his shoulder, but he was safe and had fun thats what matters.

Square Circle in Gibbsboro, NJ. Yes the shooting area is covered, but the posts you see to the right are baffles they built to stop flyers, and reduce the noise to the public. It does however make everything you shoot seem louder. Rifle range is only 100yd though :?

I certainly have quite the grin in the pic. Axeman's son did very well, though I think he needs to work on that left eye dominant issue. May have to teach him to shoot lefty like his father :twisted: