lexcruiser

After all the talk.. Here she is...

So after all the questions and waiting and forend wrenches and light mounts...

Here she is.

Mossberg 590A1 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Took her out to the range today and shot some clays for the first time in my life.

Had a great time, but also, the 590 performed flawlessly and flawlessly WELL! Those clay discs were no match!!! :lol:

Here's some pics w/ my 15-22.

P4242474.jpg

P4242475.jpg

so hes the guy who bought it out from under me, hmm?? wound up with my new big sal anyway...

Nah, I wasn't the one who bought it.. I was after it too! haha! Ended up buying a brand new one.

Congrats. . . very nice gun, good choice. Any though to adding a tube extender to bring the mag up to the same length as the bbl?

Thanks man. I thought about it, but I think I'm OK with it being 5+1 right now. But who knows? I may change my mind.. Why do you ask? Do you have one for sale? :mrgreen:

Great choice! I love my 590A1.

You may have covered this somewhere else, but what fore end did you switch to? Is it the hogue? How hard was it to change out?

Regarding the +2 extension... unless something has changed since I bought mine, no one makes a mass produced +2. There is a guy that custom makes them, but they're a little pricey at $65. That said, I put the +2 on mine :D

Great choice! I love my 590A1.

You may have covered this somewhere else, but what fore end did you switch to? Is it the hogue? How hard was it to change out?

Regarding the +2 extension... unless something has changed since I bought mine, no one makes a mass produced +2. There is a guy that custom makes them, but they're a little pricey at $65. That said, I put the +2 on mine :D

Hi Caine. Yup, that is a Hogue fore end. It wasn't difficult to change out, but finding an appropriate tool to remove the fore end nut.. well, that was interesting. The "funny" store is posted here -

http://www.njgunforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=87908#p87908 :mrgreen:

Who was the person who made the custom extension for you?

His name is Craig - found him on the shotgunworld forums. [email protected] is his email address. He didn't have a website last time I dealt with him (it was like 10 months ago), so I dealt with him exclusively thru email.

There's a picture of my 590 somewhere on here with the extension.. lemme see if I can track it down.

ETA: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=237&p=32638&hilit=590a1#p32638

They're crappy pix, but you can see the extension in the second picture.

His name is Craig - found him on the shotgunworld forums. [email protected] is his email address. He didn't have a website last time I dealt with him (it was like 10 months ago), so I dealt with him exclusively thru email.

There's a picture of my 590 somewhere on here with the extension.. lemme see if I can track it down.

ETA: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=237&p=32638&hilit=590a1#p32638

They're crappy pix, but you can see the extension in the second picture.

Thanks for the pics. It looks good. So it basically just replaces the magazine cap and screws in its place? Does the extension come off/on pretty easily? My 590A1 has a plate that covers the spring after you unscrew the end cap.. I'm guessing I'd have to remove that plate to swap out the spring for a longer one right?

Also, are you still able to use the sling nut thing if you want to attach a sling?

I'm going based purely on memory here (don't have it in front of me to double check right now), but, yes, you just unscrew the old cap, pry the spring retainer loose, slide out the spring (be careful to not get hit in the face by the spring since it's under pressure), put in the new spring (the extension comes with a new Wolff Power spring that is cut to the correct size to accommodate the +2 rounds) and attach the new extension. You won't need the spring retainer (aka plate) once the extension is in place.

You won't be able to use the stock sling nut thing if I remember correctly as it screws into the mag cap - you can however use an aftermarket sling plate like the GG&G plate (for example).