Maksim

New gun show pickups - allentown, PA Eagle arms show.

So the bug is on. Took a trip to allentown today to the show. quite nice. got there around 12:45pm, easy to find parking, and quite good show. It was full, but not huge. This was the first show i went to since the last eagle arms show in split rock lodge, poconos 2 weeks ago. this show was smaller, but still plenty of good stuff.

i was mainly looking at C&R stuff, and was not dissapointed. Unlike last show though, there were less mosin variants, and mauser's galore. All different variants. Eagle arms had a few very nice ones, along with the mandatory 3 crates of 91/30's in cosmo for $99.95 with all accessories, slight, bayo, bottles, etc.

Plenty of garands, too. I didnt see any finn's though.

New stuff, plenty of them, ACR's, Scar's, etc. I saw wasr's for $399, SKS's were in the $400's, plenty of black rifles, with ar's starting in the $700's.

A few ammo vendors, saw plenty of brass. i didnt see bullets. argh. there was a guy who did the last show and had reasonable prices, didnt see him at this one.

So... what did I pick up.

Found a Chinese Type - 53 that i saw at Ed's 2 weeks ago, and did buy it today. Surprised in how good of a condition it seems for a Chinese. Receiver and plate match, bolt does not. The bolt is butter smooth though. Great rifling, and not counter bored.

[attachment=3]IMGP2627.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=4]IMGP2628.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=5]IMGP2629.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=6]IMGP2630.JPG[/attachment]

Second pickup, back at the Eagle Arm's table... Was a Swiss K31. All numbers matching, great condition, mirror like bore with strong rifling and even came with the muzzle cap.

Was a great trip to get to PA, spent some time with Anastasia, and absolutely ecstatic about these two pickups, and 2 for 2 for eagle arms shows for really good values.

I had a car show today (which got postponed to next Sunday) and I spent all weekend building a MakerBot with my son! He is into that techie-nerdie stuff. I built it (it was only 700+ Parts) and he did the software and we got it printing in one day. Takes most people a lot longer to tweak these things and get them to work.

Thanks for the pickup! I see Brick is now closed on Tuesdays? Maybe Wednesday at Dix?

I had a car show today (which got postponed to next Sunday) and I spent all weekend building a MakerBot with my son! He is into that techie-nerdie stuff. I built it (it was only 700+ Parts) and he did the software and we got it printing in one day. Takes most people a lot longer to tweak these things and get them to work.

Thanks for the pickup! I see Brick is now closed on Tuesdays? Maybe Wednesday at Dix?

Yep... have a few toys to play with and decisions to make. =p and no problem John.

Max. how were the handgun offerings at the show?

Honestly, I didnt look, nor do I usually bother to. I cant buy it there, so spend most of my time fondling rifles.

i guess someone brought the k31 on Sunday at their table cause it wasnt on Saturday. I didnt see any other k31 in the show

I guess so. It did not even have a tag on it yet. He had a few others that the same person brought in I take it.