Lifeguard

South Jersey Gun Retailers??

Living in the southern part of the state there are very few decent places to purchase handguns. Does anyone know of a shop below Trenton with a decent selection? I have been to Sportsmens Center & Cheyenne (both about 45 minutes north of me).

In my opinion SpCnt is not what it used to be. Nice shop overall, but firearms cramped into a tight corner. Cheyenne is pretty good but their display system is rather poor, guns are rowed vertical it's hard to see what they have, and to me (again just an opinion) I thought their prices were very high.

Any advice would be appreciated.

The two that stand out in my mind would be: Bob's Little Sport Shop in Glassboro (they also have an indoor range) and Butch's in Vineland. Both nice people to deal with.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks I really appreciate the list, I did look those names over.

Most of those places are gun ranges, clubs or long gun suppliers. Very few handgun retailers are on that list. The majority are Trenton or north. Even the shop in Lakewood (shore shot I think) is well over an hour away.

I'll admit I haven't been to Bob's in Glassboro but I hear mixed reviews.

County Sports in Carney's Point down near the Delaware Memorial Bridge has a nice selection of long and handguns and is a big ammo guy. He also is a 3 1/2% sales tax dealer. There has been some negative feedback on them , but I have had good luck.

County Sports in Carney's Point down near the Delaware Memorial Bridge has a nice selection of long and handguns and is a big ammo guy. He also is a 3 1/2% sales tax dealer. There has been some negative feedback on them , but I have had good luck.

Does County Sports have a shop or is it a house with an attached garage? I tried to find them once and the address led me to a house.

Hmm... I have never been to County Sports... I will keep my eye out.

Where in SJ are you located. Are you looking to try some guns out, if so maybe we could setup a SJ shoot and you could try some different guns out.

Butch's in Vineland is the best shop in South Jersey. Great selection of everything... it can be crowded though.

Bob's is ok, ok selection of handguns and good selction of long guns. I find their prices to be high.

Tips Hardware had a good selction, but I also found them to be very high.

The best service you can get in SJ is through Paul (PPk90) and his site (http://www.arms-n-ammo.com/). If you are not sure what you want... go handgun shopping at Cheyenne, Bob's or even Butchs. Then contact Paul for a price. He is great to do work with.

County Sports is a house with attached garage. It's on a little side street. I think he also keeps inventory in a separate building/shed behind the house. He is a Sig dealer and has a nice Sig inventory as well as other brands. Last time I was there he had 8 or 10 AR type rifles, some Ruger mini's and several other rifles and shotguns. He also has about 20+ handguns. His website shows a variety of ammo available.

Just Sports on Mechanic Street in Cape May Court House has a decent selection of handguns and outstanding customer service. (I believe they are the southernmost shop in the state.)

Belleplain Supply Company on Hands Mill Road in Woodbine has an OK selection.

Butches Gun World in Vinelend has an OK selection

Bobs is limited on the handguns anymore.

Arms-N-Ammo.com has a decent selection and can get you just about anything, his customer service is also outstanding.

I've purchased at Bob's Little Sport Shop, Butch's Gun World, And Cheyenne Mountain Outfitters. I was satified wth Cheyenne Mountain. They had a S&W 617, which is very hard to find, and they sold it a reasonable price. I was impressed with the number of guns in stock. It's a 1 1/2 - 2 hr drive for me but I'd go back.

Butch's Gun World has a nice selection and a very good staff. they must be doing something right because the place is always busy.

I frequently go to Bob's Little Sport Shop because that's the range where my wife and I shoot. We bought our first handgun there and we got great advice on selecting it. I've found that they have a good selection and a really great staff. If you're lucky, Mike ( the dog) will come to greet you. I like Bob's a lot.

County Sports - First gun was purchased through him and it was a pleasant experience. Wanted to buy another and lets just say I came close to saying go "F" yourself but I might have caught him at a bad time. He will not get anymore of my business unless his prices come way down.

Vinny over at Hunting World Guns & Ammo was where I bought my second pistol. It was like buying a gun from someone who I had know for a long time. Doesn't have a store where you can look but his prices are well worth it.

Bobs Little Sport Shop - It's like Penn Statio in NY. BUSY BUSY BUSY when you are trying to buy a gun. If your not aggressive you will stand there and look like a fool. The gun range is all I really go for and it's the best place for me to shoot.

Butches - Heard good things about this place but don't have personal experience.