Ray Ray

Glocks Rock!!!!

I gotta admit, after all the Glock-bashing that I am guily of, Glocks rock! You can thank Caine (Pete) for making me want to find a used one and it might be my next handgun purchase after the Judge!

Pete, what generation is that cause I like that one you had. And that WAS a 19 right?

It's time to drink the Glock KoolAid my friend.

If you are not looking for something to carry, a G34 (9mm) or G35 (40S&W) come with my highest recommendation. Back when I decided to sell one of my guns, I wanted it to be the Glock because it is ugly and plastic, but I had to keep it because it is so reliable and easy to shoot well. If you don't want the longer barrel, then the G19 (9mm) or G23(40S&W) is a good bet. I think these guns really shine in 9mm though. My G23 had a little more snap than I liked.

If you join the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation (www.gssfonline.com) for $25, you get police pricing on your Glock. That saves at least $100 on retail.

Come to BA or Shore Shot some time and I'll be happy to let you shoot mine.

Pete, what generation is that cause I like that one you had. And that WAS a 19 right?

It's a 3rd Gen Glock 19 - only mods are a Vickers Tactical extended mag release and Warren Tactical sights.

Is there a big difference in price between the different generations?

Do they still make the older generations?

Is there a different feel between the generations?

I have so many Glock questions, but Pete's is nice.

It's time to drink the Glock KoolAid my friend.

If you are not looking for something to carry, a G34 (9mm) or G35 (40S&W) come with my highest recommendation. Back when I decided to sell one of my guns, I wanted it to be the Glock because it is ugly and plastic, but I had to keep it because it is so reliable and easy to shoot well. If you don't want the longer barrel, then the G19 (9mm) or G23(40S&W) is a good bet. I think these guns really shine in 9mm though. My G23 had a little more snap than I liked.

If you join the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation (http://www.gssfonline.com) for $25, you get police pricing on your Glock. That saves at least $100 on retail.

Come to BA or Shore Shot some time and I'll be happy to let you shoot mine.

im a gssf member. was planning on joining because i wanted a g17 rtf. but i couldnt find one and as it was my first purchase i was too impatient to wait. i ended up with a p226 9mm. im thinking a g21 rtf2 gen 4 might be in my future.

Old School can probably answer most of that better than I can. I know the big difference between the Gen 1s and the Gen 3s are the accessory rail and the finger grooves. I'm not really sure if they still make the Gen 3s, to be honest, but they're easy enough to find on gunbroker. From the little I've seen on Gunbroker, there isn't too much variation in glock prices. They're generally in the 4-600 range depending on condition.

It's a 3rd Gen Glock 19 - only mods are a Vickers Tactical extended mag release and Warren Tactical sights.

Is there a big difference in price between the different generations?

Do they still make the older generations?

Is there a different feel between the generations?

I have so many Glock questions, but Pete's is nice.

i dont own a glock and am far from an expert,

Thanks guys

Pete, is yours the RTF or regular

Mine is a regular Gen 3. I kind of consider the RTF a Gen 3.5.

As an interesting side note about my 19: it's an Austrian proofed model. Not that big of a deal really, but they're supposedly somewhat rare.

http://pistolbuyersguide.com/Articles.p ... 1237777886

ray ray, i may still have my copy of the glock magazine gssf sends out. i think my wife threw it out. but if not, ill let ya know, and ill drop it in the mail for you. it has all the info you could possibly imagine on the glock generations. if i dont have it. try to find this issue

http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip/33 ... mode=image

Thanks guys

As an interesting side note about my 19: it's an Austrian proofed model. Not that big of a deal really, but they're supposedly somewhat rare.

Okay, so then yours is the one I want! No gimmie dat one!

Thanks guys

Okay, so then yours is the one I want! No gimmie dat one!

haha. i tell you. try the RTF. its a love or hate thing, but i LOVED it and as much as i was set on the regular one, once i held the RTF i knew it wasnt an option. although there were 3 different grips with RTF (RTF, RTF2, and GEN4 w/RTF)

This is getting ridiculous! Pete, yours felt fine, and it recoiled so nicely in my hand and stayed on target that it put a tear in my eye. It gave me a warm and fuzzy fealing in my tummy. Now you start talking about RTF and Generations and 3.5 and RTF2's and it makes my head spin. It's a friggen Glock, and they ROCK!

:lol::lol: Everyone should have at least one Glock ;)

Soon Peter, soon.

But for the time being I'll just get comfy with your little honey that makes one big hole for me at 10 yards!

Ray Ray- Gen 1-3 GLOCKs are pretty much the same with the exception of outside finish, finger grooves and rails. The grip angle I'm pretty sure remained the same as well. All magazines interchange within caliber. So ya have a G19 you can put a longer magazine in it just sticks out the bottom more.

The only Gen4 gun out currently is the G22. The GLOCK sales rep says the 17 and 19 will be next. Laws permitting.

Now I standardize on Gen3's because I keep parts for them and find no fault with them.

Ray- Join GSSF, buy a new 19 Gen3 and you'll be into it for about $425 plus tax ans NICS.

I wish they'd come out with the Gen4 19 already. Anxious to see how it feels compared to my Gen3

You can expect a little less muzzle flip in the Gen4 plus the grip fit and ability to change the safety from left to right. No biggy! If a Gen3 works for you no need for a Gen4. If you want to personalize a Gen3 we can talk offline. As a Personal Defense gun mine is out of the box stock.

Glock Generation 3 was the first with the finger grooves. Generation 2 had the smooth grip.

There are other changes too, but they are not advertised by Glock because they are fixes/improvements. Since there is supposedly no improving on "Glock Perfection", the company does not broadcast them. It usually pops up on Glock Talk. I know that chamber support in their gen 3 barrels is much improved over earlier versions.

Glock Generation 3 was the first with the finger grooves. Generation 2 had the smooth grip.

There are other changes too, but they are not advertised by Glock because they are fixes/improvements. Since there is supposedly no improving on "Glock Perfection", the company does not broadcast them. It usually pops up on Glock Talk. I know that chamber support in their gen 3 barrels is much improved over earlier versions.

Chris-IIRC the chamber support issues only pertained to the big bore calbers.

Chris-IIRC the chamber support issues only pertained to the big bore calbers.

It was mostly related to the high pressure rounds, like 40S&W. Glock Kabooms were nearly unheard of in 9mm and 45ACP. I know the feed ramp has been improved in the Glock 20 (10mm) because I have seen the two generations barrels side-by-side. I bypass this issue in my G34 and use a Lone Wolf barrel. It has a tighter chamber and fully chamber support, making brass last far longer (a must for reloading in a caliber like 10mm or 357Sig where range brass is scarce).

I wish they'd come out with the Gen4 19 already. Anxious to see how it feels compared to my Gen3

You can expect a little less muzzle flip in the Gen4 plus the grip fit and ability to change the safety from left to right. No biggy! If a Gen3 works for you no need for a Gen4. If you want to personalize a Gen3 we can talk offline. As a Personal Defense gun mine is out of the box stock.

I may end up with a Gen4 19 just for sh*ts and giggles. Mostly want to see if the new texture on the grips is an improvement for me or not.

As far as personalizing.. I'm a pretty firm believer in generally leaving Glocks alone. The 2 exceptions I made were extended mag release and different sights. Neither were super necessary, just personal preference. So, good to go on that front, but I appreciate the offer :)

Glocks are good. I seem to like every other quality gun I shoot better, but I have a lot invested in the Glock. I have so much practice on Glock trigger reset under recoil that whenever I fire a 1911 I fire doubles accidentally. Every shot. For better or for worse, as both rounds hit paper.

For size, weight, ammo capacity, and reliability the Glock is an almost perfect compromise in my novice opinion.

If you join the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation (http://www.gssfonline.com) for $25, you get police pricing on your Glock. That saves at least $100 on retail.

I'm really glad I read this thread. I never heard of this. Some of my friend's have some splainin' to do.

You can expect a little less muzzle flip in the Gen4

Really? I'll have to try one.

plus the grip fit and ability to change the safety from left to right.

What safety???