Guest Damagedworld

New car (to me at least..)

Picked up a 1991 Mustang LX recently and started to clean it up a little did a little cosmetic work as well.. was nice out this morning so went and snapped a few pics..

lxtop.jpg

lxfront.jpg

lxrear.jpg

sparco.jpg

interior.jpg

mot much done so far but here are the basics... just did the whole annoying tune up thing replaced all the bullshit that had been ignored by previous owner.. still really just enjoying the car and getting used to it....

Clear Headlight Housings

Cervini's Hood

Cervini's Wing

Weld Rims M/T up front Hoosiers in the back

BBK Header

BBK X Pipe

Flowmaster Exhaust

Sparco Seats

thanks guys.. the interior dash panels and all are in really great condition.. carpet was beat so i swapped it which was a huge pain in the balls.. but did it the same time i did the seats so not too bad.. came with the wing and hood, liked them enough to leave them..

and yeah its a blast to drive.. not so much in the snow though.. especially with hoosiers.. and skinnys up front.. :p

Wow. Very nice. I was about to ask if you had the 5.0 after I saw the first pic, but, Damn! I saw the rest of the picks, that was the least consideration!

What does LE on your license plate mean? And how come no front plate?

yeah its a 5.0.. ;)

the LE plates are available through DMV and they show your support for the families of fallen officers.. a portion of the money that the plates cost goes towards helping the families of officers killed in the line of duty..

and no front plate because they look like shit most of the time..... ESPECIALLY on that car.. LOL

Can you drive it without a front plate legally?

i guess not legally..

but fortunately i live in a pretty quiet town so i really don't catch a lot of s*** for it.. was pulled over once.. the cop actually TOOK one of my PBA cards, but didnt write any kind of ticket.. i thought it was a pretty small deal to have a PBA card yanked.. the problem is the brackets for these cars just kind of makes the plate float in air in front of the bumper.. and on occasion actually contacts the bumper.. it just looks really stupid and out of place.. so i leave it off and hope for the best.. most of the time if I am going somewhere im unsure of I leave it in the front window..

Dude you're a scoff law. I love it :D

I bought a vehicle for NJ company in PA. So they send me NJ tags but it took a couple weeks for me to get NJ inspection. So I had NJ tag on the back and PA inspection on the front with no tag. So it looked legal unless you could see front and back of the vehicle at the same time :D

Enjoy man...... doesnt take much to get them really fast....

Here was mine...

88Stang.jpg

There is an easy 50+hp just in doing heads.... even with the stock cam. Heads, cam, shorty headers, intake, exhaust = 100+hp..... add a blower for another 100hp.

Enjoy man...... doesnt take much to get them really fast....

Here was mine...

88Stang.jpg

There is an easy 50+hp just in doing heads.... even with the stock cam. Heads, cam, shorty headers, intake, exhaust = 100+hp..... add a blower for another 100hp.

\probably just spray it like my last car.. ;) build up the trans a bit.. might do heads down the road or on the next motor.. not sure how long this ones gonna hold power, but we shall see.. :)

Nice car, DW! Looks like it's in pretty good condition for the year. Enjoy it and drive safe.

My first car was a white '89 GT. Still miss it.

Pete, I found you and your "stang" on youtube!

thanks for all the feedback.. yeah the condition is pretty nice.. i gotta wax it soon i think that will make the color even nicer..

Seeing a nice car like that with a slushbox makes me cry.

i want consistency out of the car.. and a mildly built up automatic with shift kit is best for that for me...while manual is fun, this is exactly what i wanted for this car..

i want consistency out of the car.. and a mildly built up automatic with shift kit is best for that for me...while manual is fun, this is exactly what i wanted for this car..

To each his own, at least we can agree that Sparco seats rock!

:lol::lol:

To each his own, at least we can agree that Sparco seats rock!

:lol::lol:

Sparco DOES make a VERY comfortable inexpensive (when compared to the Recaros in my last car) seats.. love them..

not to dwell on the trans thing.. but an auto trans with a good torque converter, shift kit, etc.. will basically allow you to shift without having to clutch in.. so for a car that is just going to get hit with a small shot of juice, and brought to the track here and there on the weekends.. I felt auto was my best bet.. not to mention the fact that this car in this condition came with that.. if i found something equally as mint in 5 speed i might have considered it.. further.. If i intended to do any type of autox or other road type racing.. there would definitely NOT be an auto trans in there.. lol but for straight down the 1/4 an upgraded auto trans will work fine IMO of course..

not to dwell on the trans thing.. but an auto trans with a good torque converter, shift kit, etc.. will basically allow you to shift without having to clutch in.. so for a car that is just going to get hit with a small shot of juice, and brought to the track here and there on the weekends.. I felt auto was my best bet.. not to mention the fact that this car in this condition came with that.. if i found something equally as mint in 5 speed i might have considered it.. further.. If i intended to do any type of autox or other road type racing.. there would definitely NOT be an auto trans in there.. lol but for straight down the 1/4 an upgraded auto trans will work fine IMO of course..

Well said, it all depends on your needs.

For my car I'll take the 5 speed, of course my car is 1/2 the weight and probably 1/3 of the hp of your car.

It will never see 1/4 track but eats up the twisties. haha

Have fun with your mustang.

Well said, it all depends on your needs.

For my car I'll take the 5 speed, of course my car is 1/2 the weight and probably 1/3 of the hp of your car.

It will never see 1/4 track but eats up the twisties. haha

Have fun with your mustang.

i KNEW it but just didnt want to post it.. i saw that you are a member on a Miata forum.. auto transmissions in 4cyl cars like that are garbage and not even comparable IMO.. My last car was a Honda Civic with a GSR motor swap and nitrous.. that thing was absolutely 5 speed.. ;)