Sign in to follow this  
Redfish62

Plan for mosque near World Trade Center site moves ahead

I have no problem with Muslims having a place to practice their religion in Manhattan, but I have to draw the line with it being built in the heart of the World Trade site. I feel it is controversial, due to what occurred there. I am trying to be as PC as possible, but building this is disrespectful, and distasteful, and I for one hope it does not happen.

Not for nothing, but if any other ethnic or religious group had such a monumental catastrophe happen on their land by an attacker, they would not be so impartial to having a religious sanctuary built by the attackers' on the remains of their loved ones.

Hopefully America unites to fight this B.S. We all need to draw the line somewhere, and this is a good place to start.

for ANYBODY that supports the bullshit that is being politically correct.. THIS IS WHAT IT HAS CREATED..

a nation that is so concerned about being sued.. that..

they will allow the construction of a mosque feet from the impact zone where muslim extremist took MANY US lives..

but yet...

a little girl draws a flag and is shunned by the school system (teacher specifically but you get the idea)..

you fucking tell me whats wrong with our society.. and please.. tell me what i can do to help fix it.. because day in and day out we read news.. and hear comments.. that are beyond absurd.. something seriously needs to happen.. this is honestly nuts..

for ANYBODY that supports the bs that is being politically correct.. THIS IS WHAT IT HAS CREATED..

a nation that is so concerned about being sued.. that..

they will allow the construction of a mosque feet from the impact zone where muslim extremist took MANY US lives..

but yet...

a little girl draws a flag and is shunned by the school system (teacher specifically but you get the idea)..

you friggin tell me whats wrong with our society.. and please.. tell me what i can do to help fix it.. because day in and day out we read news.. and hear comments.. that are beyond absurd.. something seriously needs to happen.. this is honestly nuts..

I think it's multiple things, I wonder what would of happened in the times of WWI or WWII, if you had someone either burn an American Flag in America or frown upon it and say it's offensive. I mean you live in America yet you have no respect for it, or the history in which it was established. I don't know, I just wish the people who disrespect it would leave, along with this ultra political correctness. American history is history to be remembered and taught, however a lot of this mess could be how American history is being taught. Teachers along with all other Americans including me are fearful of hurting people's feelings or offending someone to the point they want to hurt you over words instead of discussing it like adults, I mean you wanna be up front and truthful about things, but the way things are now you can't. People are forced to water things down or outright lie to keep people from getting upset.

Basically I blame political correctness, when you grow up through political correctness in schools and in society things get severely watered down or even spun.

Try and speak to any race other than white about anything historical and you will find yourself jumping through hoops not to offend the person. I mean we are all Americans and people need to start keeping the (pro-racism) crap out of it, or looking at things as a whole as Americans instead of breaking things down into groups. We as Americans pissed off a lot of people, we are a warring country, which is probably why most of the world hates us, and when I say us I mean all of us as Americans. This is a reason I want Ron Paul in office, so we can mind our own business and deal with the issues right here in our own country. I feel one of the primary issues is uniting people as Americans instead of singling out people into groups based on whatever. I also think English should be the language of the land, because a majority of people speak it here. I do see a divide in religion, which is probably why I keep hearing about this 1 world religion, cause that can also divide people quite easily, probably more easily then race. It could be a lot of factors but this I believe is a major problem for Americans hating on Americans.

Then you have groups with interests all fighting for something or other, then you have racist groups which are helping to fuel racism, Gangs which are committing crimes and killing innocent people, it's all kinds of things that are making it hard for us to come together.

I mean I could be wrong but that's just how I see things as they are now. If i'm wrong i'd like to discuss it and not get into an argument. I think we have a very confusing setup, and if we can't find a way to Unite as Americans I think eventually something is going to happen. Maybe that will be when SHTF, I don't know.

and this is probably just a little of the problem.

The only time i've seen and maybe even in history, was 9/11 and for a short period after where we all came together as Americans. Now we are back to labeling people racists, bigots, and picking sides blah blah blah same old same old..

if we stayed how we were after 9/11, A United America.. half the problems we have wouldn't exist.

In case anyone missed it....

From the NYpost article..

The opening date shall live in infamy: Sept. 11, 2011. The 10th anniversary of the day a hole was punched in the city's heart.

"If the Japanese decided to open a cultural center across from Pearl Harbor, that would be insensitive," Sipos told me. "If the Germans opened a Bach choral society across from Auschwitz, even after all these years, that would be an insensitive setting. I have absolutely nothing against Islam. I just think: Why there?"

If they are really opening that place on 9/11, that's just spitting in our faces at that point. Naturally, since this America, we accept it

yeah it's slapping Americans in the face along with the family's of the victims who lost their lives on 9/11, i'd laugh if it was burned down.

What an absolute disgrace this would be to all Americans if this place is opened on the 10th anniversary of 9/11. I would think, and hope that the powers that be in N.Y.C. would put a stop to this. Bad enough they want to build this place on hollowed ground, but to open it then....talk about really getting in one more dig to all of us.

Not for nothing, all the "Muslims" better get ready to have a real rude awakening that morning in NY. I don't think the city folk are going to take kindly to this.

while the arrogance of the assholes that want to build it IS appalling... what I find FAR more appalling, are the spineless worms allowing the project..