Sign in to follow this  
71ragtopgoat

Morristown councilman James Smith is arrested for hit--run

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/0 ... es_sm.html

Citing health and personal issues as factors, Morristown councilman James Smith is taking responsibility for his arrest early Saturday morning on suspicion of DUI and leaving the scene of an accident.

So health condition's and divorce are reasons for DUI now? Politicians must be on a different planet than the rest of us. F him, let him pay the price like the rest of us would.

His reason for the DUI is that he's probably an alcoholic but that's not a valid excuse so he chose the next best things he could come up with.

If you get a DUI after about age 30, you were either VERY unlucky or you're a drunk and it's habitual. I've know plenty of the type in my time.

So health condition's and divorce are reasons for DUI now? Politicians must be on a different planet than the rest of us. F him, let him pay the price like the rest of us would.

His reason for the DUI is that he's probably an alcoholic but that's not a valid excuse so he chose the next best things he could come up with.

If you get a DUI after about age 30, you were either VERY unlucky or you're a drunk and it's habitual. I've know plenty of the type in my time.

The majority of Drunks i do are well over 30

The majority of Drunks i do are well over 30

Sure...that's what I mean. The "go to a party, binge drink" days are over. Now they're professionals. By 40, they can drink a pint of liquor and you can't even tell. I used to work at a DRs office and dealt with a number of active and recovering alcoholics. One guy would come in every week for a B shot. They always tested his blood...it was never under .1 and he seemed perfectly normal. They always scheduled his appt's early in the day, they learned that if they did it late in the afternoon he'd start showing sings of being drunk. He had lost his license permanently by that point so at least he never drove himself.