im looking to get a 22lr pistol. i have a 2 22lr rifles and want to get a pistol to share the cheap ammo with. Anyone have any ideas on a cheap pistol i can get? i was looking at the chiappa 1911 but i wasnt sure if it was junk or not. anyone know about that? also any other 22lr pistols you guys have in mind that i can find cheap? I would rather buy a used pistol than a new one right now. Please let me know

thanks

chris

Ruger 22's are awesome and disassembly/reassembly takes a little getting used to and is not as difficult as some say.

Chiappa was written up in American Rifleman and reported to be a good one. I've handled one but not shot one.

Smith and Wesson also makes an inexpensive 22, they're nice.

thanks guys,

im waiting for my permit to come back its been 3 weeks so once it comes back ill be looking for a used one if anyone has anything before i buy new. Just looking to get something to have fun with and not spend too much.

chris

Go with one of the big three: Ruger, S&W or Browning. You may save money with a cheap gun but you will be spending money for a unpleasant experience. Save your money and buy a gun that brings you enjoyment.