mikeyboyeee

92fs slotted grip screws?

I had the same problem with my 92, I brought the stripped lower to my local hardware store and they helped me find a replacment. I replaced all the screws to the same style for less then numrich wanted for a single screw and I didn't have to pay and wait for shipping. I walked into the store empty handed and spoke to the manager. When I explained the gun was disassmbled and that I didn't ever bring the slide or barrel with me he had no problem with me bringing the lower in the store.

call beretta. i did several years ago, got stainless slotted AND hex head. sent them for nothing, totally free.

After I changed the grips on my 92, and now the screws keep loosening up. Maybe those hex heads might do the trick.

i cant see how hex would stay tight but slotted wouldnt. i think its more for looks. did you re-use the lockwashers under the screws when you changed them.

Funny you ask, I think I lost them during the swap.

Hmmm..

I had the hex grip screws on mine but just recently swapped them out for the slotted screws. No lock washers were used for either hex nor the slotted screws and mine stay in just fine..

You sure you didn't strip the bushing itself?? :|