Sign in to follow this  
joejaxx

Another example of the need for the 2nd Amendment

Lol I hope the law-abiding citizens in Oakland, CA are exercising their 2nd amendment rights:

Title: Suffer These Crimes in Oakland? Don't Call the Cops

Oakland's police chief is making some dire claims about what his force will and will not respond to if layoffs go as planned.

Chief Anthony Batts listed exactly 44 situations that his officers will no longer respond to and they include grand theft, burglary, car wrecks, identity theft and vandalism. He says if you live and Oakland and one of the above happens to you, you need to let police know on-line.

Some 80 officers were to be let go at midnight last night if a last-minute deal was not reached. That's about ten percent of the work force.

That deadline has been extended to 5 p.m. Tuesday.

Source: http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-be ... 66509.html

Since the police cannot be sued for not protecting you, what is their real obligation to the public? The protection that the public does get is from the good officers that take their jobs to heart and want to provide a service to the community.

I've always heard "as long as there is 911, you don't need a gun." . I guess that is all out the window now in Oakland.

Average response time for "911" is 4 minutes. Does anyone know how the response time to an emergency can be reduced?