bry@n

Plated my slide and controls to my Sig P226

I like the look of the two tone, as well as I wanted my Sig in .40 to be stainless as to always be able to know the caliber.

So I broke the gun completely down, sent the slide and controls off to CCR. It came back and I put it together quickly. I still need to oil it up a little more and wipe it down. Here are the pics and please let me know what you think.

IMG00012-20100719-2048.jpg

IMG00013-20100719-2049.jpg

I actually did the Cera-plate process and it's silverish like the Sig stainless slides look. It is a tad darker in shade then the ones that come from the factory but I am completely happy with their work.

This gun started life as a P226 custom 22, which is their .22lr. I have a 9mm slide and a .40 slide for it.

I also ordered a Sig p229r Elite in statinless, chambered in .40. Since I ordered the 229 in .40, I thought it made sense to have my .40 Sigs to have a stainless look, as to always know what they were quickly.

You could always tell what they were by looking at the barrel, bujt it gave me a good excuse to have this done :) Next I will be adding the short reset to this gun. It already has the short trigger.

Thanks for all the kind words.