Sign in to follow this  
GoNRA

Smooth v.s. Rifled

This is the next firearm I am eyeing... does anyone know which would be better smooth bore shotgun or a rifled barrel shotgun.

Taurus Circuit Judge

http://www.rossiusa.com/news-detail.cfm?newsID=25

I am thinking about using this for hunting, when I eventually get my hunting license. In that regard I was wondering which would be better.

While I'm sure it would be cool, a hunting "rifle" that is not. 410 will do a good job of simply tickling anything bigger than a mouse, and .45lc is not legal for hunting in nj. Make sure you have a purpose other than hunting should you choose to buy one.

The Circut Judge is a nice looking gun. Of you want to use it for hunting I would ask what you are hunting and where you are hunting. There are some assumptions above that you will hunt NJ, that may not be the case. (I have a 30.06 that I hunt with in states where rifle hunting is legal.). The 45LC or the 410 slug could bring down a white tail without a problem. Many other states don't have the round restriction that NJ has. If you blocked 2 chambers for pheasant, quail or foul hunting you may be able to argue the case in court after being ticketed, but I wouldn't want the hassle personally so I wouldn't use it in NJ. Skeet/trap/sporting clays would be fun with that gun. HD with 410 buck shot would work.