Sign in to follow this  
lunker

Fort Dix and Targets

I would take the SKS over a Mosin any day. It would be tied with an AK as my Zombie gun. It is remarkably easy to use, and is accurate enough. Matt, I would buy yours but I am currently selling off some guns to fund my new VEPR. And I have a Soviet made SKS with war trophy papers that my dad brought back from Viet Nam. :)

I propose that the next Fort Dix range trip be Commie gun themed. People can bring their Mosins, SKS', AK's, PSL's, Dragunovs, Tokarevs, etc.

I'll be there tomorrow afternoon at 130-2 with the mosin and plate :dance:

I am jealous because I'll need to wait until early August to make it there during the week. I found a new linkage setup for my plate. It should survive anything but a direct hit. No more frayed wires stabbing me. I am psyched to try it out.

I got some 7/16" grade 8 bolts, put them through with the bolt head on the shooting side, with 3 grade 8 washers against the shooting side of the plate. The washers should eat up the splatter and limit damage to the head. On the back side I have a washer, lock washer, fender washer, loop of cable, fender washer, nut. Up on the rebar I have the wire clamps. I have a zip tie on the cable around the bolt keeping it wrapped around the fender washers.

That should survive pretty well. Even a direct hit on the bolt shouldn't take it out unless it knocks the entire head off and the bolt falls outta the hole. As damage occurs to the bolt head, I can unscrew the undamaged nut and wack the thing out with a hammer. A direct cable hit on one half should be ok cause the cable is compressed in the fender washers. Still gotta worry about a direct rebar hit. I may bring a little 6" piece with some hose clamps for a emergency repair.