dave545

UH-OH MP15-22 RECEIVED THE RIFLE FROM SW

SOoOoOo i went out shooting today with my new 2 week old S&W MP15-22, i bought that new federal champion ammo in bulk from cabelas and i had a bunch of FTE's and out of nowhere one blew up and that's no good :naughty: :naughty: ... So i cleaned everything and oiled it up and it was working better than all of a sudden another one blew up and broke the firing pin. :evil: :x So i guess im going to be calling Smith&Wesson tomorrow for them to replace either the whole upper hopefully and or replace the slide. I am also going to call Federal ammunition and complain because i have had 44 magnums split in my S&W 29-2 and they replaced the ammo, so i got some calling to do and they got some splanin to do. :cry:

doubt it is the ammo.

The early mp 15-22's had issues.

How many rounds have you shot through it since last cleaning?

i have only put around 1200 or 1100 rounds through it in 3 trips and i have fully cleaned it after every single trip

i had a similar problem with my Remington 597 and Remington fixed it and shipped it back

From everything I have read S&W will make good on this problem, in a very fast amount of time. Chances are your rifle will come back to you with all the newest updates, more than just pertaining to your problem. I am surprised about the Feds blowing up on you. I have easily put over 3000 rounds through mine, and they are all the bulk pack Federal from Cabelas. Just take solace in the fact that your rifle will be better than new in a very short time. Keep us posted.

i will the other thing is when one FTE it nicked the plastic so now there is a little gouge taken out of the plastic nest to the slide and ya i really hope they either put on a new upper or just replace the rifle in the best case scenario

Just got off the phone with S&W and good news, they are sending a call tag and they will repair it. The better news is since there is a little gouge on the plastic he said that they might replace the upper or replace the whole rifle so lets hope for a new rifle. Very fast and easy to deal with so A+ for customer service. :D

Just did some research it seems like it has happened to quite a few other people as well. It seems like i might have received a holdover model because some sites are advertising this rifle with the new upgraded internal kit to prevent the FTE's and Slam fires.

The first M&P 15-22's had extractor problems and bolts were breaking. It is possible you have a gun that is from that production time frame. S&W customer service has always been exemplary but I bet when they hear 15-22 they just eat the cost.

true because when i was telling him what was wrong he said "lets cut to the chase and i will send you out a call tag and we will fully repair this and possibly replace it if necessary". So i assume they get a lot of these calls lol.

Called S&W today and they received my letter requesting for a new rifle which they said they will ship me but than i realized i would have to go to a FFL to pick it up again and have to go through that whole rigmarole, so i asked them what they did to my old rifle and they said they put a brand new upper on it and even made sure the new upper shot perfectly and had one of there gunsmiths tweak the extractor and everything a little more to make sure everything was the best that it could be. So since there was no problem with the lower i told them to ship me the one that they fixed since the problem was with the upper i see that there shouldn't be an issue with this and now it can be shipped directly to my house so no going to the range to re-pick up my rifle again. :D

I think this was the smartest thing to do because the upper that i requested and they installed was a brand new production one, i think it will be the same as a brand new one.

what you think?

UPDATE

just received my rifle last night it was great they even included a new 10 round mag and new iron sights event though i had my other pair of sights. I haven't fired it yet but as of right now they get two thumbs p for customer service it was a great job on their part.