Sign in to follow this  
Melgamatic

NRA endowment memberships - $300

Just got a "check" in the mail from the NRA for $700, good towards the $1000 price to move from Life Member to Endowment Life Member. So the price is reduced to $300.

I think I got Life for $300, so now I can be an endowment member for $600 total.

I'm not quite sure the economics of this. I understand the NRA wants members to be able to quote large numbers, and adding Life members ensures that they keep the membership numbers up (and probably they amortize the cost of the magazine and cover themselves at $300). But, what's their goal in promoting people to Endowment for $300? What do they get out of it?

Actually, I guess they get $300 more out of a Life Member, which is $300 more than they usually get.....I get it now.

Or, if I wanted to really support gun rights in NJ, I'd send the donation to anyone who will run against Christie in a few years...

Not actually sending anyone $300, just pondering the NRA's motives.

Well Christie has done nothing to assault our 2A here in NJ, however the AG he assigned has, if he himself has im unaware of it. But I guarantee anyone who runs against him will not be pro gun, especially if by opposition you mean a democrat. Unless by some miracle we can get a republican who can openly say he is for our gun rights here in NJ, but that is highly doubtful cause he will not win anyway. Lonegan was our chance, and although he did put up a good fight against Christie he lost by a pretty good margin.

Or, if I wanted to really support gun rights in NJ, I'd send the donation to anyone who will run against Christie in a few years...

Well Christie has done nothing to assault our 2A here in NJ, however the AG he assigned has, if he himself has im unaware of it. But I guarantee anyone who runs against him will not be pro gun, especially if by opposition you mean a democrat. Unless by some miracle we can get a republican who can openly say he is for our gun rights here in NJ, but that is highly doubtful cause he will not win anyway. Lonegan was our chance, and although he did put up a good fight against Christie he lost by a pretty good margin.

Bullsnot..he could have Stopped Dow, she WORKS FOR HIM. Christie is Anti-gun...you guys just dont want to admit it.

Bullsnot..he could have Stopped Dow, she WORKS FOR HIM. Christie is Anti-gun...you guys just dont want to admit it.

Well said.

As for the NRA? If i wanted to waste $300, Hott 22 is only a couple mile away, and at least I'd have tits and snatch in my face all night :lol:

Exactly!!!!!!

Exactly!!!!!!

Yep, it was plain to me when he was running, the hope was that things would not get worse, at least. Remember , he was a grandstanding prosecutor, he'd sell out the 2A in NJ if there was some advantage to him.

I don't see what laws Christie had his hands on that were anti gun. So far. Don't let the party association distract you. Realistically I think he's the best we could hope for in NJ. He ruled out a 50 cal ban when he was running. So I don't see what the big deal is.

And let's just suppose a dem won in 2013 who was for shall issue and wanted to repeal 1GOAM(never gonna happen BTW). So what, the bills still have to pass senate and house. Its impossible without a massive shift in public opinion here in NJ. It has to start at the local level with your district assemblymen/women.

I tried in my district here by writing the state senator and was dismissed. He position is no person should be allowed to get a CCW without "justifiable need" as determined by liberal judges.

I don't see what laws Christie had his hands on that were anti gun. So far. Don't let the party association distract you. Realistically I think he's the best we could hope for in NJ. He ruled out a 50 cal ban when he was running. So I don't see what the big deal is.

And let's just suppose a dem won in 2013 who was for shall issue and wanted to repeal 1GOAM(never gonna happen BTW). So what, the bills still have to pass senate and house. Its impossible without a massive shift in public opinion here in NJ. It has to start at the local level with your district assemblymen/women.

I tried in my district here by writing the state senator and was dismissed. He position is no person should be allowed to get a CCW without "justifiable need" as determined by liberal judges.

He let his uber-liberal AG change a very longstanding procedure in this state for receiving rifles from the CMP. The CMP does a Federal NICS check and then ships the rifle to your house. Now, they have to ship them to an FFL who does a transfer and redundant NICS check, adding $41 to $60 to your cost plus having to go to your FFL to get it.

Can someone tell me what the benifits of being an NRA member are? Sorry, but I'm a newbie.

They send you letters begging for money every so often, and once a month you get a magazine full of late night TV scams and articles you read online a month ago.

Then they take the money you give them and build elaborate shooting ranges in states that already have thousands of miles of public shooting space.

He let his uber-liberal AG change a very longstanding procedure in this state for receiving rifles from the CMP. The CMP does a Federal NICS check and then ships the rifle to your house. Now, they have to ship them to an FFL who does a transfer and redundant NICS check, adding $41 to $60 to your cost plus having to go to your FFL to get it.

Some people might say, gun owners to boot, what they said about One Gun a Month, *It's just a little inconvenience*.

But we all knew what Paula Dow was about before she got on Christie's payroll. When someone openly admits that gun buybacks are not about getting guns off the street......then you know you're in trouble.

I still stand by my prediction that online ammo sales to NJ will be decreed to be illegal before 2012. There will be a 'reinterpretation' of existing NJAC and law to require FTF ammo transactions.

Some of the bigger suppliers won't even ship to NJ anymore.