Sign in to follow this  
bulpup

Hunting License is in hand!

What do you plan on hunting? And where?

I had my hunting license for years when I was younger. I wonder if I can renew that one althought its at least 10 years old?

Well, drow season is now and no HIP is needed. That might be a start. Canada Geese is all through September with a "limit" of 15 per day. Decisions, decisions.

Bear looks like it might be a pipe dream for me and my Geo Prizm, but the folks giving the class said deer is is perfectly managable in the trunk.

My wife is now putting in orders for pheasant. See my post from Oprah magazine in bucket 3.

As far as your license, go see if your CID comes up at this site.

http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/als/websalesintro.htm

I bet it will

Im not really a fan of shooting anything I wouldn't eat. Especially bear meat. My fathers buddy gave me some that he brought back from Alaska. Fishy taste due to their diet of salmon. Not a fan.

I would shoot a ton of geese but it's such a waste of meat. It's not like you could donate them somewhere is it? Yes I know they are a nuisance but I just think it would be better to kill 2 birds with one stone. No pun intended.

Im not really a fan of shooting anything I wouldn't eat. Especially bear meat. My fathers buddy gave me some that he brought back from Alaska. Fishy taste due to their diet of salmon. Not a fan.

I would shoot a ton of geese but it's such a waste of meat. It's not like you could donate them somewhere is it? Yes I know they are a nuisance but I just think it would be better to kill 2 birds with one stone. No pun intended.

If I blasted...sorry, harvested 15 Geese in a day I would be freezing that meat and eating it through the winter, or giving it away to family and friends. Bear, I'd have to see how it tastes first myself. I am not sure this is going to be something I do this year though. Seems smarter to start small but I am not going to write it off. But like you, I wouldn't want to just kill it and let it rot.

If I blasted...sorry, harvested 15 Geese in a day I would be freezing that meat and eating it through the winter, or giving it away to family and friends. Bear, I'd have to see how it tastes first myself. I am not sure this is going to be something I do this year though. Seems smarter to start small but I am not going to write it off. But like you, I wouldn't want to just kill it and let it rot.

The long haired beared guy that gave my Bear Seminar mentioned that Fall bear is very different from Spring Bear, that Spring bear is very tough due to the pseudo hibernation whereas fall bear is full of fat, nicely marbled, etc.

There is a hunters for the hungry program...

Canadian geese aren't that good to eat, but there is a fix for everything ;-)

If I were to shoot 15 geese a day I would harvest their livers cause that's good eating. The rest of the meat would be put through a grinder and seasoned into goose burgers. I've made jalapeno ones before that were pretty good. I hear stuffing the cavity with onions and garlic take away the gameness if you bake one. I want to try smoking some as I figure that would be the key to making them taste pretty good.

What's the process to get a hunting license in this state anyways? Do you need to provide 4 references and a full cavity search or what?

Canadian geese aren't that good to eat, but there is a fix for everything ;-)

If I were to shoot 15 geese a day I would harvest their livers cause that's good eating. The rest of the meat would be put through a grinder and seasoned into goose burgers. I've made jalapeno ones before that were pretty good. I hear stuffing the cavity with onions and garlic take away the gameness if you bake one. I want to try smoking some as I figure that would be the key to making them taste pretty good.

What's the process to get a hunting license in this state anyways? Do you need to provide 4 references and a full cavity search or what?

You download a workbook or take and online class then bring the workbook to a field class where you do field work and take another written test.

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/hntlicfe.htm