Pew Pew Plates

I need an AK intervention

I have a SAR-2. Now I really want to buy a SAR-1 because im missing a totally correct looking AK...the SAR 2 isnt correct with a nude muzzle and I dont want to add a brake. I could get the muzzle threaded on the sar-1, throw a slant break on, and tada, perfect AKM. I could even stain the stock a nice deep red. DAMN! Help :cry: The fact that I can probably land the SAR for 350-385 FTF doesnt help!

I have a SAR-2. Now I really want to buy a SAR-1 because im missing a totally correct looking AK...the SAR 2 isnt correct with a nude muzzle and I dont want to add a brake. I could get the muzzle threaded on the sar-1, throw a slant break on, and tada, perfect AKM. I could even stain the stock a nice deep red. DAMN! Help :cry: The fact that I can probably land the SAR for 350-385 FTF doesnt help!

Why not? Add an AK74 brake and your good to go.

Because it would have to be welded on, which would make proper cleaning of the expansion chamber and muzzle impossible, which is no fun for corrosive ammo (and you cant scrape the carbon out or anything).

Correct you are. That's one of the reasons I never shoot corrosive 5.45 ammo in my AK's.

I think deep down inside im just phishing for some encouragement :lol:

ARRRGH.

And to sweeten the deal I think it would still be legal if the little bayonet locking fangs were taken off. The bayonet that comes with it would still be mountable in that case and just not lock on. ugh! :shock: