ronhonda

Multi Gun Match Old Bridge NJ 10/31/10

whether this is Counter Strike or reality/zombie attacks preperation. =)

Sorry Marlon. So who DQ'ed you? Ronny or will? :icon_mrgreen:

I would probably be glad to have a serpa holster for this.... cheap security.

Neither of us, Marlon was DQ'ed by Marlon. His gun fell out of the holster. We had nothing to do with it, all we did was enforce the rules. That being said a good deal of the competitors who were not tactical ninjas, were using bladetech holsters. (By the way that was just a casual observation of the people at the match)Will, Martin, and I were all using bladetech's.

Ron, it helps me in terms of deciding to shoot this type of comp or not. I use competitions as a training aid, not so much for the competition its self. I quit shooting IPSC about 10 years ago because the game habits were bleeding over to much. All games have their flaws but for me, cover issues were the hardest to overcome. On a side note, competitions that are closer to real world also aid me in the design and field testing of the mounting solutions I make.

Shane

Neither of us, Marlon was DQ'ed by Marlon. His gun fell out of the holster. We had nothing to do with it, all we did was enforce the rules. That being said a good deal of the competitors who were not tactical ninjas, were using bladetech holsters. (By the way that was just a casual observation of the people at the match)Will, Martin, and I were all using bladetech's.

Yes yes.... I had to rethink my words. Marlon did DQ himself. =) And it was the right call, and an absolutely clear call.

Who informed Marlon of it. =)

Ron, it helps me in terms of deciding to shoot this type of comp or not. I use competitions as a training aid, not so much for the competition its self. I quit shooting IPSC about 10 years ago because the game habits were bleeding over to much. All games have their flaws but for me, cover issues were the hardest to overcome. On a side note, competitions that are closer to real world also aid me in the design and field testing of the mounting solutions I make.

Shane

Couldn't you take any match and incorporate your own cover system and shoot the way you want to? Does IDPA fit your needs? Have you considered the 3gun shooter base in the design in any of you r mounting solutions?

Yes thats true. But it helps when someone reminds you to get your a** behind cover too :). IDPA works fairly well for me. Few wierd idiosynchrasies there too but covers more of my needs thah anything else I have encountered. I did here of another org but have been warned off that its so over the top you need a mall ninja cert just to even talk about it :D. Is there a mount solution that is currently unfilled in this discipline? Its a valid point that mil/le needs may be different from 3 gun so if theres a specific need not being met and enough of a market.....its worth discussing.

Yes thats true. But it helps when someone reminds you to get your a** behind cover too :). IDPA works fairly well for me. Few wierd idiosynchrasies there too but covers more of my needs thah anything else I have encountered. I did here of another org but have been warned off that its so over the top you need a mall ninja cert just to even talk about it :D. Is there a mount solution that is currently unfilled in this discipline? Its a valid point that mil/le needs may be different from 3 gun so if theres a specific need not being met and enough of a market.....its worth discussing.

Do you need someone to remind you to shoot from or go to cover? Shouldn't this be 2nd nature to you if this is how you train? Also not all shooting "scenarios" take place with cover nearby. Do you incorporate a scene where there is no cover? And how good is cover? Not all cover is going to be able to stop the many possible different calibers of bullets that a BG might have. Shane please don't think that I am calling you out or questioning how you train, but these are just questions that I have no answers for.

Fair questions. Not calling me out. I have no emotional attachments to any of this, just an opinion. Sometimes I do need reminding because I havent fully broken old IPSC habits. Sometimes I revert. I am sure you are well aware of the differences between cover, conceelment etc etc. To add to that its not always easy to see from your own shooting position that your cover is bad, or that your letting the top of your head bob up above cover. Of course there are scenarios without cover but the difference in rules focus the training repetition. Mag retention, reloads behind cover, slicing the pie, engaging in tac order etc etc. I dont want to slide down the slippery slope and turn this into the old IDPA VS IPSC debate. Being a former IPSC competitor, I fully understand the style, type and interest in this type of shooting. I simply changed gears and went in a different direction. my current direction serves my interests better. However, I DO attribute a certain element of speed I can tap into in this type of shooting to my time shooting IPSC. Now that I started adding my rifles to the fun, I am looking for venues that support my type of shooting with the addition of rifle and shotgun. (Although I hate shotty and would argue its modern day value). What would an IDEAL match look like to me? A 3 gun match that is Rifle, Pistol, and precision rifle with rule sets hovering closely to IDPA. F the shotty :D

As a side note, I really did not become competitive in IDPA until I stopped with the game mindset. It really is a mindset difference. I kept getting "proceduraled" right out of the top 5 at every match because the thought process of how can I go faster kept getting me in trouble or causing me to make a mistake. Once I started thinking in terms of someone at the other end of the range is trying to do me harm, did I start to do better.