Frank Jack Fiamingo

*** What can we do about this? ***

I am checking into this story further. If anyone is familiar with this case, please share:

http://www.examiner....o-broke-no-laws

Here is another link on the situation - http://briandaitken.com/2010/09/help-free-brian/

Some people have reported difficulty getting to this link. If all else fails, try cutting and pasting this:

"http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/how-can-new-jersey-imprison-a-gun-owner-who-broke-no-laws"

Takes me to Facebook too.

OK, I am at a loss to explain that. If you look at the link, it points to www.examiner.com. But I *DID* notice, that if I am NOT logged into my Facebook account, it DOES take me to Facebook and makes me log in. So, let me see if I can find a different link. Sorry, I have *NO* idea what it is doing this.

Takes me to Facebook too.

OK, I reposted the link DIRECTLY from the EXAMINER site. Please try again. It seems to work for me now, whether or not I am logged into Facebook. Please let me know if it still does not work. This is important. I am sorry for the trouble, but I have NO idea why it went to Facebook. Here it is again:

http://www.examiner....o-broke-no-laws

If all else fails, try cutting and pasting this - "http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/how-can-new-jersey-imprison-a-gun-owner-who-broke-no-laws"

it's just a redirect... you get to the examiner via facebook.

i know the story was posted yesterday on examiner... but when did these events take place?

i think this is a case of just a terrible judge...

clearly even under our state's strict laws he was not breaking any laws...

although some things are a little unclear- like, why he was arrested?

i'm assuming he had "hi-capacity" magazines as well- which may be the only fault of his.

but 7 years?

I deal with ex-inmates and if you are a convicted Gang Member with an ILLEGAL carry of a firearm they usually get a 2 year sentence and are out in 8 months. Then they go on public assistance for 12 months. THAT includes housing, food stamps and general assistance= cash.

I deal with ex-inmates and if you are a convicted Gang Member with an ILLEGAL carry of a firearm they usually get a 2 year sentence and are out in 8 months. Then they go on public assistance for 12 months. THAT includes housing, food stamps and general assistance= cash.

Redistribution of wealth justice.

it's just a redirect... you get to the examiner via facebook.

i know the story was posted yesterday on examiner... but when did these events take place?

i think this is a case of just a terrible judge...

clearly even under our state's strict laws he was not breaking any laws...

although some things are a little unclear- like, why he was arrested?

i'm assuming he had "hi-capacity" magazines as well- which may be the only fault of his.

but 7 years?

EXACTLY! There was *NO* criminal intent. *IF* he was even aware that he was transporting a couple of mags that were over the limit, he has NO record, and there was no evidence of the intent to commit a crime, so *WHY* is he being treated as a CRIMINAL??? Civil infractions need to be treated DIFFERENTLY from criminal actions. I encourage everyone to become more familiar with the facts of this case. At first inspection, this looks to me like a cause worth taking on.

EXACTLY! There was *NO* criminal intent. *IF* he was even aware that he was transporting a couple of mags that were over the limit, he has NO record, and there was no evidence of the intent to commit a crime, so *WHY* is he being treated as a CRIMINAL??? Civil infractions need to be treated DIFFERENTLY from criminal actions. I encourage everyone to become more familiar with the facts of this case. At first inspection, this looks to me like a cause worth taking on.

Here is another link:

http://briandaitken.com/2010/09/help-free-brian/

There is nothing we can do with this until the corrupt judges in this state are removed. The judge would not allow the FOPA LAW in this case. Evan Nappen is already on the case! See PDF below.

http://briandaitken.com/content/2010/10/BrianAitken_SummaryofFacts.pdf

Once again taxpayers money is going to be used by the state to fight this case and the state will lose the case and will have to pay out a VERY large some of money to this guy.

There is nothing we can do with this until the corrupt judges in this state are removed. The judge would not allow the FOPA LAW in this case. Evan Nappen is already on the case! See PDF below.

http://briandaitken....maryofFacts.pdf

Once again taxpayers money is going to be used by the stste to fight this case and the state will lose the case and will have to pay out a VERY large some of money to this guy.

Yes, Evan Nappen has taken the case. There is an appeal in progress, but we still need to publicize this as yet another case of injustice against law-abiding NJ gun owners. I believe that a letter to Governor Christie might help.

#1 2C:39 is part of the CRIMINAL CODE. Violations of it ARE crimes, not civil actions, and are prosecuted as such. The guy who was arrested with the back seat full of "AW's", and a half a dozen other cases i;m aware of where possession fo a High-Cap or AW are prosecuted, you dont need "Intent" to commit a different offense, as the possession ITSELF is the criminal act under the statute.

NOW, that said, this Kid got railroaded by a Crooked Judge, pure and simple. The Judge refused to allow pertinent information to be given to the Jury that would have been exculpatory...and from the way it soulds, although remember we are working on VERY LITTLE INFORMATION gleaned from newa stories, that the Judge KNEW this information would be an Affirmative Defense when he dissalowed it. Couple that with the fact that this Judge has been dismissed for Improper Conduct subsequent to this, and it looks like Nappen SHOULD have a Slam-Dunk to get this reversed.

• Like 1

#1 2C:39 is part of the CRIMINAL CODE. Violations of it ARE crimes, not civil actions, and are prosecuted as such. The guy who was arrested with the back seat full of "AW's", and a half a dozen other cases i;m aware of where possession fo a High-Cap or AW are prosecuted, you dont need "Intent" to commit a different offense, as the possession ITSELF is the criminal act under the statute.

NOW, that said, this Kid got railroaded by a Crooked Judge, pure and simple. The Judge refused to allow pertinent information to be given to the Jury that would have been exculpatory...and from the way it soulds, although remember we are working on VERY LITTLE INFORMATION gleaned from newa stories, that the Judge KNEW this information would be an Affirmative Defense when he dissalowed it. Couple that with the fact that this Judge has been dismissed for Improper Conduct subsequent to this, and it looks like Nappen SHOULD have a Slam-Dunk to get this reversed.

Believe me KP, I am aware that this is the CURRENT state of the law. I know that they *DO* treat these types of offenses as "criminal". What I am suggesting is that we need to fight to CHANGE this kind of treatment. This is another case where the "law" itself MAKES you a criminal, even THOUGH there is *NO* criminal intent. We need to work to get these draconian laws off the books. There is not one piece of evidence which suggests that this man was transporting guns for the purpose of committing a crime. He was simply MOVING from one home to another.

We also need to work to completely invalidate the concept of an "assault" weapon. Any weapon can be an "assault" weapon, but ONLY if you *USE* it to commit an assault. Now, I REALIZE that I am not talking about the law as it stands, *BUT*, who here believes that a 17 round magazine suddenly transforms their handgun into an "assault" weapon. These are the things we have to change. It is dangerous to accept the definitions as they currently exist. Of course, if you don't want to wind up in prison, I don't recommend that you "TRY THIS AT HOME". :-)

• Like 1

+1 for everything said by NJA2prez I am reposting this elsewhere. This is a great case to get behind and I would be willing to donate what little I can to this man's cause.

As long as this case stands, it is a threat to the freedom and safety of every single law abiding gun owner in the state. What's next, someone gets into get into a fender bender, crooked cop sends them to a crooked judge, next thing you know you're facing almost a decade in jail for your locked, unloaded, NJ-compliant post-ban gun?

+1 for everything said by NJA2prez I am reposting this elsewhere. This is a great case to get behind and I would be willing to donate what little I can to this man's cause.

As long as this case stands, it is a threat to the freedom and safety of every single law abiding gun owner in the state. What's next, someone gets into get into a fender bender, crooked cop sends them to a crooked judge, next thing you know you're facing almost a decade in jail for your locked, unloaded, NJ-compliant post-ban gun?

It is a pretty sad state of affairs. If I didn't sincerely believe we are going to be able to change things, I would be forced to leave NJ (like so many others before me). The problem is, then *THEY* win. If they win in NJ, then eventually, they will win everywhere, and the USA will become a fond memory.

Here is what I see. We allowed this to happen. It wasn't intentional, but we were so busy running our lives, getting an education, and raising a family, etc. - we didn't make time to WATCH what the career politicians were doing. While we weren't watching, they stole our freedoms away, a little at a time, so we wouldn't notice. People ask "But *WHY* would they *DO* that?" The answer is (whether they realize it or not - and I think many of them *DO*), FREE people are impossible to control. If you can't CONTROL people, than they might control YOU.

Now for the good news (well, semi-good news). People don't like pain. People are starting to *FEEL* the pain; the pain in their pockets, and the pain of the burden and weight of REGULATION AFTER REGULATION. Here's the "good news" part. They don't LIKE it! They are starting to "react" to it. The Tea Party is a good example. I won't get into whether the Tea Party is a good thing or a bad thing. The point here is, it is a REACTION to the pain. A realization that "We have had ENOUGH, and we're NOT going to TAKE it anymore".

In order for it to be effective, we need to focus that energy. Right now it is angry (and to a great extent), disorganized. Our fight is not JUST about "gun rights". It is about *ALL* rights. It is about what it means to be a free human being. Gun rights are about being able to PROTECT your existence as a free human being (if need be). All the OTHER rights simply DEPEND upon that most basic right. I am not going to get any further into this right now. The take away is, we need to start watching again. When we see something that isn't right, we cannot afford to wait for "the other guy" to do something about it.

While monetary contribution *ARE* important, it is JUST as important to convince others to watch, and to speak out. We need to get it straight in our OWN minds, what we truly believe in, and find like minded people to stand with us. Numbers *DO* make a difference. Silence gets ignored. Loud voices get heard. There is a tipping point, and we need to find it.

More on this another time. I didn't intend to make a speech - sorry.

• Like 1

No worries at all. You have a great attitude and I like the way you think.

You are ALWAYS welcome. Just make sure to introduce yourself. I like having the opportunity of meeting our members. Unlike the "antis" view of us, I have found our members to be some of the brightest and the best. *THAT* is another reason why we will eventually win this fight. As long as I have your "ear", who would YOU like us to invite to speak at our meetings?