Pizza Bob

Three PA Gun Shows 11/6 & 7

Just a heads-up: The weekend of November 6th & 7th there are three gun shows going on in PA, as follows:

1) NE Philadelphia Armory - Appalachain Promotions

2) PA Expo Center at Oaks, PA - Eagle Arms Promotions

3) Sellersville, PA at the VFW - Commonwealth Target Promotions

I have never been to the Sellersville show, so don't know what to expect. My friend who "does" gun shows (as a vendor) may be doing this show. He tends to favor the smaller venues with fewer large dealers (like Mt Bethel) if that tells you anything.

While I have attended both the Philly Armory and Oaks shows, in the past, I'd have to list them as "unknown quantities" at this point. The Armory show is the first one there in almost two years. They expected a one year hiatus while the armory underwent renovations, but that dragged out to almost two years when they couldn't get the fire marshal to sign-off. All the listings I've seen for this show state that it is "Confirmed".

The Oaks show is an unknown because they just switched promoters. This used to be a MAAC's show (Mid-Atlantic Arms Collectors), but he apparently gave-up/sold the rights to Eagle Arms. I know a lot of people on this board like the Eagle Arms shows at the Rodeway Inn in Allentown, but this is a much larger venue.

Promoters tend to deal with the same vendors, so these two "new" shows are hard to assess. How many vendors will remain loyal after a long interval (armory)? How many of the previous Oaks vendors and how many vendors loyal to Eagle Arms will be present at the Oaks show? And lastly - we have three shows, in the same general area, going on at the same time - how will this affect vendor and public attendance?

As for me, I intend to go to the armory show. It was one of my favorites when they were running regularly and it is the closest to me, so if the reincarnation is a flop, I won't have traveled for hours to attend. Good luck with your decision.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Philly show is alot closer though. lol. Will this one actually happen though?

YES! Every other previously scheduled show at the armory was cancelled with plenty of advance notice. This one has a big "CONFIRMED" on AP's schedule.

I know a lot of people on this board like the Eagle Arms shows at the Rodeway Inn in Allentown...

Really? I found that venue small, cramped and quite ripe since it was in the hottest part of summer. Plus, way too many tables stuffed into such a small space. I like a large diverse selection, but this was the proverbial 10 lbs of **** stuffed in a 5 lb bag and smelled like it too! lol They just need a bigger venue for that show so you're not elbow to elbow with everyone all the time.

Thought I'd bump this up since the shows are imminent. As I said in the OP, I intend to do the armory show with a friend from the PAFOA forum. I have room if anybody else wants to ride along.

My buddy from NE A will have a table set-up at the Sellersville show. I might make it there too, but doubtful.

Anyone interested can PM me.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

THIS JUST IN......Philadelphia Armory Show cancelled, once again. No reason given.

That leaves Sellersville and Oaks.

I'm Jonesin' for a gun show, but not sure which I'll do.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

THIS JUST IN......Philadelphia Armory Show cancelled, once again. No reason given.

That leaves Sellersville and Oaks.

I'm Jonesin' for a gun show, but not sure which I'll do.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Way for them to wait until the last minute. The wife says I shouldn't be going to shows when I'm trying to sell some guns to free up cash. She says I'll end up spending money on more guns or gun stuff.... :icon_rolleyes: Um yeah. That's the idea.

Went to the Okes show on Sunday. It wasn't too bad. More crowded than I expected for a Sunday.

The ratio of crap vendors to firearms related vendors was quite good. Larger than I expected overall. It was a nice way to fondle lots of different models of pistols to determine ergonomics. Wife fell in love with both the Cx4 Storm and the Walther SP22, so those are now on the 'to buy' list... :)

I walked away with a few hard to find mags for our Marlin 795 22s and a "select grade" Mosin.